Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Do I paint the grille or no?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Starting Member
xJakeLIKEShisBLAZERx is an unknown quantity at this point

thats sucha good lookin truck^ i cannot get over it
hahaha

Old 12-31-2011, 08:02 PM
Starting Member
MrJP is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up

I may be older than most of you guys. But I remember muscle cars that had the hoods painted flat black. They looked good, especially on red cars. I'd think about painting the grill, and the hood flat black. I think it would look great.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for all the options and opions guys AND gals. I guess I will be starring at my truck for awhile to figure out what I will do with it! I'll be sure to post up pics when its finished.

Old 01-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Beginning Member
combatjer is on a distinguished road

hey rexmburns is this the roof basket you have?

Surco Spare Tire Carriers, Surco Spare Tire Carrier

I like your rack its pretty cool. Ive been looking at that one to put my spare tire in, having the tire on the back of my zr2 really blocks my view.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Starting Member
killallblue is on a distinguished road

different grill but i painted mine

Old 01-16-2012, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the roughrexmburns is a jewel in the rough

Thanks guys!

combatjer yes thats the rack that I have except mine is bigger its a 45x60". I love it. My only complaint with it is that the mounts they sell for it are like $100 extra so I just went to Home Depot and bought some u-bolts and drilled a couple holes into the rails on the rack and bolted it to my factory rack. I plan on getting some square u-bolts just to clean it up a bit but for now this has worked perfect it doesn't move a bit no matter how hard I pull on it. I am in the process of fabbing some light mounts to because the ones they sell for it are expensive I'll post some pics up in my build thread once they are finished.

killallblue thanks for the pic I'm pretty certain my grill will be getting painted probably going to have to wait till spring now since its so cold and I just lost my warm weekend putting whell bearings in my neighbors car.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:44 PM
Beginning Member
combatjer is on a distinguished road

Yea i'll probally make my own mounts too.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:25 PM
Starting Member
tripovermyego is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by killallblue
different grill but i painted mine

That is freaking amazing!!! Thats what color my 97 is and the guy that had it before me sprayed the bottom of it black. Ive been thinking of bedlining it and the fender flares and painting my grill black. Also, Ive also thought about doing the "the home depot" grill. Where you get rain gutter gaurd and trim it to fit behind the grill. Ill end up doing it this week. Ill upload pics once Im done

Old 01-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

Well here it is!!!!!!!! I decided to go ahead and beline it when I did the rest of my truck along with the skid plate to almost black out the front of the truck. I'm so happy I did it I personally think it looks a million times better. Check out my build for more pics of the complete truck after bedliner.

Old 01-30-2012, 09:35 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Did black on mine too I love it

Quick Reply: Do I paint the grille or no?