Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Door hinges

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007 | 05:42 PM
|
Beginning Member
SkyhawkCaptain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Door hinges

Hey guys,

forgive me if this is the wrong forum for posting, my comp won't display the searches. My question regards my 01 Blazer. I have the 2 dr LS model and the drivers door won't shut quite right. It's like the door is hanging lower than it should and the door rides upwards when you shut it. I had this problem with my old S-10 but can anyone point me in the right direction for a fix? Thanks for your time

Old 05-29-2007 | 05:50 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Door hinges

You most likely need a new pin/bushing set. If they're really bad, you might need to have new hinges put on.

PM me if you need help finding the pin/bushing sets.

Old 05-29-2007 | 08:03 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem and the school mechanic took a look at it and said there was no help for it and that it would get worse but the only way to fix it was to take it to a body shop. Sagging doors are a common problem with all 1995 and up S10s and Blazers... My Dads Somona work truck was doing the same and we replace the bushing, butafter two months, it was sagging again. I don't have any real problems with mine because it is not sagging very bad but it can be annoying when it wants to.

Old 05-29-2007 | 09:05 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

We've had a few posts on this subject and I've replaced quite a few of them. Both front doors of my Bravada and both the front doors on 3 other S-series vehicles owned by family and friends. It really helps to have the proper tools. A light truck door hinge spring compressor is a must. I picked up mine from Eastwood.com for around $17.

Like already stated, if the pins were allowed to chew into the hinge itself, then there are a few options.

[ul][*]New hinges - body shop only as they must be cut out and new ones welded in.[*]Weld the holes and reem them back to round - again, probably a body shop, but would last just as long as the new hinges. Lots of technical expertise to do this.[*]JB weld to fill the gap and reem with a dremel - less expertise, but also a less sturdy fix.[/ul]

I've always been able to catch them before they got to the point of damaging the hinges.

Old 05-30-2007 | 08:59 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

mine was sagging when I got it... I would have done something about it beforehand but a new hinge is going to cost the same n matter when I buy it right?

Old 06-01-2007 | 08:28 PM
BLK85 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

mine was sagging when I got it... I would have done something about it beforehand but a new hinge is going to cost the same n matter when I buy it right?
My driver door also did it since I bought it but I had that worked into the deal. I would guess they would cost the same any time. But I would check around, I had one body shop quote me over $100 and another one $45. It pays to check around.

Old 06-28-2007 | 01:28 AM
BrianMichaels1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Indeed my driver door sags pretty bad at this point but I'm broke....so it will just have to be that way for a while. Maybe having heavier duty truck hinges welded in would be ideal...eh?

Old 06-28-2007 | 04:00 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

My driver door is great but my passenger one sags. I looked and saw my bushings were cracked in half. I just gotta find the time to do down and get them.They wouldn't have them at Autozone or Pepboys would they?

Old 06-28-2007 | 07:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: BrianMichaels1

Indeed my driver door sags pretty bad at this point but I'm broke....so it will just have to be that way for a while. Maybe having heavier duty truck hinges welded in would be ideal...eh?
If you can find heavier hinges that fit...

These items are definitely fix them when ya find them type things. If the pins are allowed to wear into the hinges, you'll be spending way more than the ~$10 for the pin kits and the time to install them.

Old 06-28-2007 | 07:33 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

ORIGINAL: TheBrettster

My driver door is great but my passenger one sags. I looked and saw my bushings were cracked in half. I just gotta find the time to do down and get them.They wouldn't have them at Autozone or Pepboys would they?
Thats where I got my hinge replacements

Quick Reply: Door hinges