Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

door lock relacement ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 01:38 PM
rafa.jrbarajas is on a distinguished road
Default door lock relacement ?

how do i replace my door lock cylinders its a 2dr i tried and couldnt do it need instructions on how to take the handle out of the door its a 97 Ls

Old 06-28-2009, 02:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There are two screws that hold the handle in the door. You have to remove the inside trim and the weather deflector before you can get to these screws. Once you are in there, disconnect the two rods from the door (one for the handle and one for the lock) and then remove the two screws. The handle will then be free to remove from the outside. You will then need a screw driver to pry the lock cylinder retaining clip from the door handle assembly. Once the clip is removed, the lock cylinder should slide out.

Old 06-28-2009, 02:16 PM

that is good but the part where i got stuck at is the two screws i got one off but the other one i cant get too how can i get to it and the little rods how do i disconnect those

Old 06-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The rods usually have little plastic clips on the end which must be pried away from the rod and then you will be able to remove the rod.

As far as the other screw, I do not have a door to look at... The last time I replaced a door handle (broke due to ice/cold and an impatient owner), I used a small ratchet with screw driver bit inserts. This tool has become so handy. Came with torx, phillips, and other special bits to use in it.

Old 06-28-2009, 03:12 PM

i will see what i can do