Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

door post issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Joe Kool is on a distinguished road
Default door post issue

so my both doors were leaking in rain so i tried removing the outer weatherstripping to get a better seal thinking this would stop the water...well the soaking wet foloorS are now a minor problem. Being convinced that if the door shut just a lil more the water coming in on one side would be stopped,, so what i call the post for the door i tried to move in just a tad not realizing thet it is not attached until it fell to the bottom...So before i totally destroy the interior of the truck by trying to acccess this "column" from the top, has anyone ever done anything this stupid?? is the column open at the top? or do i need cut a hole in the door jamb area/ or bottom? any info is highly appreciated...TY

Old 07-28-2013, 04:52 PM
4X4GS10B is on a distinguished road

You should be able to retrieve it at the bottom
you'll have to remove interior trim to do so

Old 07-29-2013, 10:07 AM

was just checking that yes,,now searching for how to take it apart TY

Old 07-29-2013, 02:26 PM

i figured it out underneath were clips for the trim around the seatbelt shoulder harness, 1 big t50 torx and i just knocked em up with a hammer,, of course standing up the bottom crner of the door dug into my back but now it is done LOL

Old 07-29-2013, 05:11 PM
4X4GS10B is on a distinguished road

Good to hear.

Old 08-08-2013, 11:18 AM
DiffBuster is on a distinguished road

My driverside door was leaking. Coming in from the top of the door, especially in the car wash. The bushings in the door pins where wore out and not holding the door upright. Open the door all the way and lift up on it. See if the door wiggles up and down a bit without moving the whole truck. If the door wiggles the bushings are shot. Cheap fix. I changed out the pins and bushings in both front doors. Stopped the leak and stopped the doors from creaking terribly when I opened and closed them. If you find this to be a problem and decide to do it; bring a friend and a floor jack, you are going to want an extra set of hands. Make sure you get a door spring tool before you start, other wise you will never get the spring back in.

Old 08-14-2013, 07:48 PM

I had had a buddy replace the pins and bushings,,a few months ago, he said it was in need for so long the hole where the pin goes into got too wide, he welded it..the weatherstripping and some adhesive seems to have stopped the water for the front doors but the area by the lift gate looks like a night mare...it rusted right through by the hinge, I noticed this when I took off the trim piece at the top,, praying it was the third brake light gasket. With that trim off, there looks like a vacuum line??? Well it is disconnected, anyone know what it actually is? I need to talk to my buddy about a cheap fix for this hole : (

Old 08-14-2013, 10:39 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

That line should be for the rear wiper fluid, if I am not mistaken.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:02 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

^This sounds about right.

Old 08-15-2013, 12:28 PM

yes it is washer fluid line,, my cheap fix for the hole will be some aluminum can and rustoleum leak stop stuff 10 bucks ....the rear end however may be big decision time

btw thanks for all the very good information here

Last edited by Thogert; 08-15-2013 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Combining consecutive posts.

Quick Reply: door post issue