Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

first set of chrome pillar post

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:40 AM
Beginning Member
ryankinder82 is on a distinguished road
Default first set of chrome pillar post

here is the set of chrome pillar post i had custom made for me. as far as i know there is no one out there that has them. let me know what you all think. first set of chrome pillar post-dsc00440.jpg

Old 02-22-2010, 12:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

They look like they are just chrome vinyl decals... On your truck, they look VERY out of place...

They are definitely not my cup of tea! From the looks of it, there is a reason no one makes them... Again, that's just my opinion.

Old 02-22-2010, 12:07 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

tacky?

Old 02-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Starting Member
1997 red blazer is on a distinguished road

I must agree out of place IMO. But maybe if the Blazer was a Darker color they would stand out and make it look nice ? Not Sure ? But Hey,,, it's YOUR'S do it YOUR Way .Did they cost Very Much ? Hope Not, Good Luck T.J.

I was always tought if you can not say anyting positive, then don't say anything at ALL ! But you did ask right ?

Last edited by 1997 red blazer; 02-22-2010 at 01:50 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 03:10 PM
Beginning Member

i guess you'd have to see the car in full view, the pic does bring the pillars out from the color of the car. i do have the 22's that need put on so that will bring them out.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:08 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

not my cup of tea and it just looks bad. I don't think color, rims, or anything else helps chrome stick ons look any better.

Old 02-22-2010, 05:18 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Hmm...no way to put this nicely, so I'll just come out and say it. UGLY! lol. Sorry, but those are hideous. As others said it looks totally out of place and doesn't really belong on a pewter truck. I could see MAYBE on a darker colored truck, but even still I doubt I'd like it. They just don't fit. The less chrome the better IMO.
Even still though, it's your truck. You make it how you want it. We don't have to drive it and look at it everyday, so as long as you like it then it's cool.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Beginning Member

i know i asked what you think but you all are some haters against someone who can get something that you cant. its funny how ive sold 300 sets in a week. but thats just my opinion. tacky because there a stick on and not cast alluminum, out of place because there pillars placed where they should, hideous because you cant get them. hate all you want but in the end im making $80 off a set and im selling plenty so i take it more people like them than hate them.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:25 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Wow...ok then. No need to get defensive with your panties in a knot.

I can tell you I'm not a "hater" because "I can't get some". I would NEVER put those on my truck. Not in a million years. You asked what we though...what did you expect? Everyone to say "OMG...I LOVE them...where can I get some?". Well, sorry dude, but we are all entitled to our opinions and unfortunately the majority (ok, all) seem to think they are tacky and extremely ugly.
With that said, if you are truly selling a bunch and making good money off them, then kudos to you. Obviously someone out there likes them. If you want to sell them here then post up a thread in the classifieds section. I'd be curious to see how many (if ANY) sell to back up your "300 sets" already sold story.
Anyway, you wanted opinions and you got them. Sorry they weren't what you were hoping for. We gave you honest opinions and our reasoning to why we didn't like them. They look totally out of place on a light colored truck and don't fit at all on your truck. As we said though, if you like them and you're selling a bunch of them then thats good for you and congrats. No need to get all worked up about it.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:36 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks ricey to me, but thats my opinion. Reminds me of that gold stick on stuff they put all over Honda Civics

Last edited by 96Blazernut; 02-23-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Quick Reply: first set of chrome pillar post