Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

flares?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 03:57 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default flares?

I know there are aftermarket flares to make a none Zr2, have the appearance of Zr2. My question is how are they fastened, do they just fit overtop of the factory flare with 3m and screws. I'm not interested in hacking up body panel. Thats not how i roll. lol.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:18 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: flares?

I would think they would be 3m taped. I highly doubt they are screwed down.

Old 10-31-2007, 04:25 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

i was thinking 3m on the sides and screw in wheel wells

Old 10-31-2007, 05:08 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

This may not be answering your question, but factory ZR2 flares actually have a lip from the factory to rest on, then are riveted in on the underside of the fender. I would concur with Euro and say 3M would more than do the trick for the sides, then screw in like you said underneath.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:39 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

my neighbor was putting some on his silverado and it screwed on inside the wheel well... i dont know if there was 3m tape or not, im sure there was,there had to be somethingelse to hold it on

Old 10-31-2007, 08:44 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

They can mount differently, but I really think tape will be more than sufficient and you should be able to go without the screws.