Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

front end conversions? can I change the headlight/grill from a 96 and make it a 98+?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Starting Member
jfriday is on a distinguished road
Default front end conversions? can I change the headlight/grill from a 96 and make it a 98+?

Hello all,
My question is whether or not the 98+ headlight/grill assembly will be a direct bolt on of my 96? I've noticed how weak the single light is and I just like the look of the newer style. Is it a lot of work or is it just a buncha re-wiring? Is there any size issues? Id appreciate any input. Thank you.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:48 PM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

You have to change the core support. You could do a search and find out everything, it's been discussed many times.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:50 PM
Beginning Member
nemesis is on a distinguished road

i did that to mine a few weeks ago, looks awesome. message me if you want a list of parts you need and what i paid

Old 09-11-2010, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jfriday
Hello all,
My question is whether or not the 98+ headlight/grill assembly will be a direct bolt on of my 96? I've noticed how weak the single light is and I just like the look of the newer style. Is it a lot of work or is it just a buncha re-wiring? Is there any size issues? Id appreciate any input. Thank you.
Check out the sticky posted at the top of this forum (Paint, Body, & Interior) entitled 98+ Front End Conversion Kit.

Originally Posted by nemesis
i did that to mine a few weeks ago, looks awesome. message me if you want a list of parts you need and what i paid
Care to create a How-To with pictures?