Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Gauge face...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Default Gauge face...

I've been looking at this http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tchlink:top:en and thinking about painting it Blue to match the interior lighting I have going on. The actual dash bezel will probably end up being the same blue sometime this summer, probably going to go with a dark blue, nothing too flashy so it doesn't look corny.

What do you think? Essentially I'm wondering if anyone has bought these before and if they've had fitment issues.

Old 04-16-2010, 10:26 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Just to let you know, it's a real pain in the a$$ to remove the clear plastic lense. Some people have used a dremel and cut a hole on the side of the bezel cover to slide that overlay in.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:09 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Wow, I didn't think it was that hard to open up. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try getting into the actual gauges first, and if I can open it up I'll buy this.

I was thinking of masking off the "bevelled" edges and leaving them that brushed aluminum colour and just doing the face of it Blue, giving it a slight "chrome" accent. I like the way my dad's Sierra looks at night with the chrome around the gauges, it's rich looking.

Thanks Dave.

Old 04-16-2010, 11:33 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Anytime. I wish trim rings were available for our trucks.

Old 04-18-2010, 08:20 PM
88s10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm trying to put that same one in right now. I have no idea how to get it off of there. I'm thinking on just buying a new plastic cover and breaking the old one off...

Old 04-18-2010, 09:43 PM
BF Veteran

you won't get just a new plastic cover... you'll have to buy the entire cluster...

Old 04-18-2010, 10:56 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

I think a dark blue would look pretty sweet.

Old 04-18-2010, 11:05 PM
BF Veteran

It'll go with my interior lighting... check out my cardomain (click my signature photo) and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:43 AM
Starting Member
TheStig is on a distinguished road

Just to let you know, it's a real pain in the a$$ to remove the clear plastic lense
you'll have to buy the entire cluster.
Sorry for the off topic, but how difficult would it be to swap out the entire cluster (w/ out tach, to one with) would it be the same issue with removing the plastic cover?