Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 AM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road
Default RE: gauges?

The red one look great, but from my experience with EBay, I think it is a custom product.

Anyway, how do you go about installing gauge overlays? Is there a way to get to it w/o removing the dash?
Ive never been much of an interior mechanic, I mostly work on the Intake/Exhaust or Lighting

Old 04-13-2007, 10:58 PM
hockeykid15 is an unknown quantity at this point

i dont think there is... at least not one that i have found. but its not too hard. there are 2 screws that are on the upper part of the dash and the rest of it should just pop off. takes about 5 minutes

Old 04-13-2007, 11:56 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

It's really easy to install the white faced gauges.

Old 04-14-2007, 12:16 AM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation

it depends on what year truck you have. if 95-97, a pita, two 7mm screws above steering wheel. rest just unclips, have to unplug allt he harnesses on left side, unplug 4wd harness. then drop steering wheel all the way down, flex the part of the dash bezel that goes over top of the steering column, up over the hazard switch. then its just 4 screws holding the cluster in. mark the position of all of the needles on your cluster at idle, that way you can line them up right when you put the new overlay on.

If you have a 98 up blazer, one screw above column, two or three screws under column (holding knee bolster up. unclip all harnesses from dash bezel as you remove it.

Old 04-14-2007, 10:46 PM
JST4SHO is an unknown quantity at this point

do you have to mark the needles at idle-or can you just do it with the truck off and the put needles back on bottom-zero?

Old 04-14-2007, 11:06 PM

You HAVE to mark the needles at idle. Seriously, it takes about 30 seconds. Draw a rough picture of the gauges on a peice of paper, start up the car, and mark where the needles are. The rpms should be around 900, voltage around 13 (halfway), temp (low, unless you just drove it), oil (i dont know), gas (whatever it is), and speedometer (0). Then when you have the paper with the proper position of the needles, then you remove the gauge cluster (follow the instructions someone else posted). Just make sure to remove the 4 needle stops for the tachometer and speedometer before you remove the stock gauge face, then install the new gauge face and make sure the odometer stick is in first (whatever it's called). Then put the needle stops back in. Then just take the cluster out to the truck and plug it back in without the clear, protective cover on it. Then start up the truck. Then put the needles back on where there were as shown on the sheet. Then turn off the truck and unplug the cluster again. Snap the clear, protective cover back in place and reinstall the cluster. Then put the dash back together, and yahoo, you're done.

If you don't have a tach, then you still need to remove the 2 needle stops for the speedometer before you remove the stock gauge face.

Old 04-15-2007, 01:46 AM
hockeykid15 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok i am thinking of getting some white face guages too but i dont have a tac. so i would just make everything else right?

Old 04-15-2007, 01:51 AM

The instructions the same for gauges with a tach or not, just if you have a tach, you need to make sure to mark the needle position and to remove the 2 needle stops when installing the gauge face.

Old 04-15-2007, 05:47 AM
TonyOneX is an unknown quantity at this point

So if you don't have a Tach, like on the 95 Blazers, The gauge face will still fit.. ?

Old 04-15-2007, 12:49 PM

yup. You just need to make sure you buy the gauges without a tach. Just look on eBay and you'll find one.

Quick Reply: gauges?