Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

gauges?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:29 AM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future
Default RE: gauges?

While we are on the subject, I have some white face gauges for my 2000. I have a pic in my photo gallery if you want to see. I haven't installed them yet, I got as far as getting the gauges on, but couldn't figure out where to wire them in. I asked someone who told me a way to do it, but what I was wondering if I could do, I wanted to wire them in to the wire that so when I turn my headlights on, the white face gauges go on. My question is which wire on the harness for the cluster do I splice the red wire into for the gauges. The black wire is obvious, ground, duh!

Old 04-16-2007, 12:33 AM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: davtak

While we are on the subject, I have some white face gauges for my 2000. I have a pic in my photo gallery if you want to see. I haven't installed them yet, I got as far as getting the gauges on, but couldn't figure out where to wire them in. I asked someone who told me a way to do it, but what I was wondering if I could do, I wanted to wire them in to the wire that so when I turn my headlights on, the white face gauges go on. My question is which wire on the harness for the cluster do I splice the red wire into for the gauges. The black wire is obvious, ground, duh!
Did the gauges you buy come with wires and a power inverter and all that stuff? Or is it simply the gauge overlay. *confused*

Old 04-16-2007, 01:28 PM
davtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant futuredavtak has a brilliant future

The package contained the gauges, the wires, and a box that has the switch to change them from blue to green and the brightness dial. I'm on break at work right now, so I will take pic if needed when I get home tonight.

Old 04-16-2007, 07:08 PM

ORIGINAL: davtak

The package contained the gauges, the wires, and a box that has the switch to change them from blue to green and the brightness dial. I'm on break at work right now, so I will take pic if needed when I get home tonight.
Sounds like a fun project. Lol! You only need the gauge faces because the stock lighting is more than bright enough to shine through the new gauges and illuminate them. If you really want to install different lights with the dial, then go ahead. I have no idea how to the wires and stuff; hillbillyinohio probably knows, since he knows electronics. Good luck!

Old 04-16-2007, 09:31 PM
Starting Member
agent305 is an unknown quantity at this point

usually, you wire aftermarket gauges to your dimmer wire. so they dim with the dimmer switch like the factory ones do

Old 04-18-2007, 01:34 AM

which wire is that? what color is it? are you sure b4 I start haking wires?

Old 04-18-2007, 10:34 AM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave, honestly, I would have them installed by a pro. You know my story on things that can get messed up in the dash! They will have the proper tools to disassemble everything, and install the gauges correctly. I'm having the dealership do mine, they quoted $150. I think that is a fair price for me not having to get involved!

Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: rabbit0102030

Dave, honestly, I would have them installed by a pro. You know my story on things that can get messed up in the dash! They will have the proper tools to disassemble everything, and install the gauges correctly. I'm having the dealership do mine, they quoted $150. I think that is a fair price for me not having to get involved!
WHAT?!?! $150 to install just the gauge face overlay or to install the gauge face overlay and wire it up to the dimmer and different coloredlights like davtak's?

Old 04-18-2007, 07:46 PM
LORCLAS is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is mine. Just finished it.

Old 04-18-2007, 10:25 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah $150. That is parts (wiring, transformer, overlay) and installation. Seven colors, white face with tri color flames.

Cool dash and gauge bezel LORCLASS. Painted my dash the same way, only green of course! Also painted my aluminum gauge bezel to match, glad to see what it will look similar too!

Quick Reply: gauges?