Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

GMC Jimmy body cladding

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 09:15 AM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default GMC Jimmy body cladding

I've been after this stuff for awhile, I'm looking for the body cladding on the doors/rocker panels. I'm assuming it's just plastic (rockers) but I've never looked at a jimmy upclose.

I can't find any jimmys in the junkyard that haven't been hit from the side, so None of the ones i'm finiding are useful.

pic of what i'm looking for

I've tried ebay- no luck, LMC truck only has precut non-OEM molding which looks like poop. I fear going to GM, i'm not ready to pay 700-800$ for molding. If anyone knows anybody with a jimmy they're parting out or where to get these it'd be greatly appreciated. I'm going for a different look on my blazer and i'd really like these

Old 02-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Starting Member
Hook45 is on a distinguished road

I have been looking for this stuff too have you found a good source? Every junk yard I have talked to said I have to buy the doors if I want the door trim.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Beginning Member
diRteh is on a distinguished road

This is exactly what I am comming across.. I guess i'm just lucky enough to only need the Rear Passenger bumper corner.. If you find anything out or have since the post.. Please forward information on to the group..

Old 04-14-2011, 03:48 PM

I haven't.. but I've finally tracked some down. It's not exactly what i want, it's not the full flare ones, but it does include the door and rocker molding which will do for now. I think it just completes the look of the truck, this is the only reason I want it.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Hook45
I have been looking for this stuff too have you found a good source? Every junk yard I have talked to said I have to buy the doors if I want the door trim.
they say that because there is metal mounts that rivet into the door the trim attaches too, now, not a big deal for me as I'm willing to do this, but if the junkyard removes this, the door is rendered useless to them as not many people are willing to buy the door with the missing trim.