Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Got some new seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:19 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough
Default Got some new seats

http://harrisburg.craigslist.org/pts/1558026484.html

I found these and I just couldn't pass them up. my only small delema is I have dark grey interior. I have heard of leather dye but my question is, are these trail blazer seats real leather? and if they aren't how can I acheive dying them or changing the color of them. My best thought would be to do the brown either a really dark grey or black and do the tan a lighter grey, but if that doesn't work it wouldn't bother me to do it all black either. I'm going to pick them up on thursday so give me some ideas

I decided to keep the seats that color. They make my truck look outdoorsy

Last edited by Benedict1337; 01-23-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 11:02 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Personally, I love the look of black seats in a charcoal interior. I think its enough of a subtle break in color scheme that all you need to do is have matching black floormats and the interior has a good amount of "pop".

Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Here in New Zealand, a lot of black Blazers came with tan seats (leather).
I got a set of the tan seats for free & used the grey armrests & handle back things to tie it all in together. Can't afford to recolour them at this stage. Probably will eventually.
The Chevy guys have a set of black in & I'm going to see if they'd swap with mine. (they don't geat a call for used seats so they just sit in stock but they do sell the door panels so I may need to buy those if they still have them).

Old 01-20-2010, 07:39 AM
BF Veteran

awesome I already have black floor mats. and kiwi do you think it will be hard and or expensive to dye the seats?

Old 01-20-2010, 08:18 AM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

This place carries leather seat dye and colorant. This might be something that would work.

Click: Here

Old 01-20-2010, 09:10 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

is that where you got the sig dye 96Blazernut?

Old 01-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Get the whole TB interior to match!

Old 01-20-2010, 10:05 AM
BF Veteran

I think the whole interior is available I'm going to look at it tomorrow idk if I'll have enough money to buy everything. Are the door pannels even that much different from the ones that I have?

Old 01-20-2010, 10:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Other than the fact that they match your seats, no. They do have a nice embroidered insert.

Old 01-20-2010, 10:13 AM
BF Veteran

I'll take a look. I was thinking about redoing my center console I might see if I like this one. lol don't the trailblazers have the floor shifter? that'd be pretty cool to have the floor shifter how hard would that be to do?

Quick Reply: Got some new seats