Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Grille Guards and Hitches

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007 | 05:58 PM
metalheadgoalie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Grille Guards and Hitches

ORIGINAL: RCars2

ORIGINAL: metalheadgoalie

im really interested in the WAAG, whered u get yours
I got mine through autoanything.com but ebay has em and a quick google search will find ya a ton of em
thanks, ive only seem em at everythingsuv.com for my envoy, their price is also cheaper than the one on autoanything.com, ill check out ebay later

Old 06-28-2007 | 09:50 PM
|
Starting Member
BlazerSS is an unknown quantity at this point

The only reason I think they might want to outlaw the grille/brush gurads is maybe in low impact accidents they are prohibiting the airbags from deploying when they should, or if someone was sideswiped from a truck with a grill guard it might tear right through the side of a smaller car.

Is the Hunter and Waag compatible with a 2wd 2dr? I have googled, and cant find much info on the Hunters. Where did some of you get the extra fog lamps to go with and how hard were they to install and wire?

thanks guys

Old 06-29-2007 | 11:38 AM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

To the best of my knowledge both should work with either 2 or 4 wheel drive. I know for sure that the WAAG just bolts to the side of the frame and the holes i used were present in the same spots on my buddy's 98 2wd. I havent gone and fit it in place but it appears that it should work. Plus WAAG doesnt make any distinction in its modelsif its 4x4 or not, just only if its for a ZR2 or not.

Old 06-29-2007 | 12:07 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I took a look at some bumper guards for my 2wd, (Not full brush guards, but ones like Police have), and they mount directly to the frame below.Generally the frame on a 2wd and 4wd are pretty much the same except for the tow hooks.

If you are looking for a hitch, get a class III. I have a Class IV HiddenHitch and its all I'll ever need, but its huge! Takes uptoo muchof space under my bumper.

Old 07-01-2007 | 10:04 PM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

Is the Hunter and Waag compatible with a 2wd 2dr?
I believe for theHunter guard, theyask whether its 2 or 4 door, 4x2 or 4x4. I guess they use different parts?

Where did some of you get the extra fog lamps to go with and how hard were they to install and wire?
The extra lights were bought long before the brush guard and just happened to fit rather well. Anyways, they came from Autozone for like $20. The brand is BLAZER... I thought it was funny. These lights are pretty decent, esp. for only being 55 watters. As far as installing and wiring... its really simple.I dont know how else to put it.

Old 07-01-2007 | 10:47 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

k... the hunter will mount to 2dr, 4dr, 2x4, and 4x4.... the same guard fits all.. For the money the hunter is the best buy, andlooks identical tothe westin. (my friend has the westin on an 02 somoma and I have the hunter on an 01 blazer) It's equally as sturdy, mounts about the same. The hunter is easy to install by yourself and you can take the light guards off of it because it is a 3 piece setup. I will warn you that the powdercoat bubbled a bit on my hunter guard and began to flake off, however they offer either a lifetime warranty or 5 year warranty depending on finish. I cannot tell you if they back it up or not because I plan on having mine coated with LineX. .

anyways... here it is...

oh, and btw, the tires are flippin sweet as well!