Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Headlights Won't Line Up

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 06:39 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default Headlights Won't Line Up

this has been bugging me for quite a while now but i havent bothered to mess with it because i rarely use my highbeams. the low beams will be lined up correctly but the high beams are skewed, drivers side up and pass side down. ive been out tinkering with them trying to adjust them so they are at the same level. i was able to get them more flood-like and less spot-like and i was also able to straighten out my fog lights too but i couldnt fix the highs. i can make the lows good but then the highs are off and vice-versa, highs good, lows bad.

if any of you have any suggestions on how to get both to line up, please share

these pics were taken by a camera resting on the ground (w/o the flash) so the only thing different is that one is with the lowbeams on and one is with the highbeams on

Old 11-27-2007, 07:16 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Headlights Won't Line Up

arnt the blazer's lights sealed beams? so it looks like (read my guess would be) that your left set of reflectors in the headlight are skewed, which would only be replaced by getting a new light box?

anyone agree?

Old 11-27-2007, 07:45 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Only the pre 98 models had sealed beams. He has the kind like yours an mine which are just a bulb in a housing and the bulb gets replaced when they burn out, not the entire housing.

I am not sure what causes this. Mine is like that too except my low beams are slightly skewed and the highbeams are level normal looking. I have tried putting them in correctly and have verified that they are in correctly. The only thing left to do is play with the alignment adjustments. With it only affecting when the lows or highs are on and not both, I believe aiming them wont do anything.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:55 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a bulb is bent in its mount. Have you tried other bulbs? Or swapping sides and see if it follows the bulb?

Old 11-27-2007, 08:09 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

oh good idea I might have to try that, never even thought about that before.

Old 11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Looks like a bulb is bent in its mount. Have you tried other bulbs? Or swapping sides and see if it follows the bulb?
i looked in (from the outside) to see if a bulb was bent but i didnt see anything. ill go check right now

thanks guys!

Old 11-27-2007, 08:21 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

ah ok. the headlights are one the few areas i havnt had reason to play with as of yet. thanks for the info

Old 11-27-2007, 08:49 PM
BF Veteran

the bulbs were both perfectly straight but the drivers side one in the pic above had a weird foggy look around the under side and the tip. the crazy pattern followed when i switched the bulbs around so, i guess the bulbs are my problem and not the housings.

lol... now i dont have an excuse to get projectors [:@]

Old 11-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Welp, there ya go.

Old 11-27-2007, 09:18 PM
BF Veteran

GREAT SUCCESS!!!

another question: a while back, when i first read the how-to, i attempted the Quad Headlight Mod. i grounded the yellow wire on the drivers side lowbeam but it didnt work. the only thing i did differently was that i used an existing bolt to ground the wire. in the how-to a self-tapping sheetmetal screw was used but i just wrapped the wire around a bolt and threaded a nut on the end of it. the bolt was going though the core support so i assume it was grounded.

any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Headlights Won't Line Up