Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

hood louvers

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 AM
warhammer44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hood louvers

does anyone have hood louvers? or have heard anything about them? i am thinking about getting some for my 96 bravada and i just want to know if they are legit, thanks.

Old 09-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: hood louvers

What are you worried about being legit??

Are you going for functional vents or for looks? Stick on or cut & weld in?

Old 09-24-2008, 04:21 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

You can get some for ~100 bucks, but to make them function is an issue. I've seen it done with simple cuts in the hood, and then pop rivets to attach. The problem is that if you actually look at your hood...there's no good spot to put 'em. You have to cut a support brace for the hood....which gets dangerous.

You could always get the Autozone plastic ones....3M tape attach..

Old 09-25-2008, 12:47 AM

no i want them to be functional. im all about stuff being functional and not just looking good. i was just wanting to know if they actually work. to be honest it doesnt look to be a big deal, just cut two openings in the hood away from the center brace and like wolf pack said just make sure u still have support. the cooling onthis thing is marginal at best so i was just looking to keep some unwanted heat out of the engine bay

Old 09-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Marginal cooling? You may want to figure out why you are having cooling problems before trying an extreme fix that may or may not work... Maybe make sure that the radiator is clean... Are you doing any towing?

Old 09-25-2008, 01:05 PM

no towing, but its an off road/ daily driver truck so im just concerned with performance. no the radiator is fine, just that 4.3 takes up alot of the engine compartment and the heat really has no where to go.

Old 09-25-2008, 02:04 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

They do work at removing underhood heat. Another option that will keep rain water off the hot engine is to get a cowl hood.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:17 AM

alright thanks for the help