Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

How do I program the garage door opener in the Blazer?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 07:19 AM
ccajun4real is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How do I program the garage door opener in the Blazer?

I see there is a garage door opening device on the ceiling of the blazer in the center. How do I program this thing? I am sure it picks up the signal from my existing garage door opener and then replicates it like a universal remote or something. I just need to know the steps to program? Thanks

Cajun

Old 11-07-2007, 07:56 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: How do I program the garage door opener in the Blazer?

Your owners manual will detail the programming methods for the HomeLink transmitter. If you do not have a hard copy of your manual, a copy can be downloaded electronically through MyGMLink.com.

If you would like, I could quote it for you.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:59 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

To program it ready up in the owners manual. Otherwise IIRC you just take the garage door opener that came with the garage door and push and hold down for like 5 seconds on the button in your truck you want to program, then push the button on the hand held garage door opener, then release both buttons. Then your built in one should work. I think that how you do it but I would double check the manual.

Old 11-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I just did this to mine. Lenny is right if you have an older opener, but if you have a newer garage door opener, it probably has the "roaming code" feature described in the owner's manual. Your garage door opener should have a button on it (mine, a Craftsman, was a white button on the backside of the opener opposite from the garage door).
Push the button on the opener, and then within 30 seconds, press and hold one of the Homelink buttons in your truckuntil the blinking changes from slow to fast.