Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

How do I take this off?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 12:21 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default How do I take this off?

No idea what it's called, but how do I get the plastic thing off that's on the inside of the tail gate? (the thing you lower to load up stuff, there's a plastic thing on it with a bit of carpet) Want to paint it black with red carpet (will look hot) because right now it's beat up with scratches, staines, and smudges of stuff.

Old 07-04-2010, 01:23 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

are you talking about the tailgate plastic? If you are I'm not sure if yours is a little different than mine but... On mine there was one screw underneath the little leather thing you can use to pull down the tailgate. after than I just gave it a good yank and it came off. but for yours there are probably only one or two hidden screws and the rest is held on by clips.

Old 07-04-2010, 03:42 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

It's probably all pressure clips if you have the liftglass/tailgate rear. The Liftgates have that Screw behind the "leather" handle Benedict is talkin' 'bout.

Old 07-04-2010, 06:56 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

There are 2 screws on both sides and then it's hard to come off. My dad said something about pressure what-ever xD but he'll have to look at it.

Thanks guys

Old 07-04-2010, 07:09 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Yeah, the pressure clips. Just pull it off one area at a time, and try not to break those clips. lol

Old 07-04-2010, 09:06 PM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

If that piece is held on like the door panels it should be an easy removal. Just make sure you get all the screws and pull slowly. I broke one of my clips on my door panels and now when the door gets shut the panel jiggles around on the bottom lol.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:43 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Below the grab handle I think their's a screw hiding behind the carpet, you'll have to find feel for the hole where the screw is, pop a hole in the carpet with your screwdriver (I know, I don't like the sounds of it either) and then once you get that screw undone, pull it off.

*EDIT* Disregard what I said and read this: https://blazerforum.com/forum/showpo...3&postcount=12

Last edited by oktain; 07-05-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:16 PM
BF Veteran

Ok thanks

Old 07-05-2010, 01:18 PM
BF Veteran

I might just paint it on the car, lol. Don't wanna poke holes in the carpet xD

Old 07-05-2010, 04:03 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

You don't have to poke holes in the carpet... that was just so he could pop the back glass to bring the tailgate down... the latch for the glass broke and that's what he needed to do.

You need to pull the 3 screws off if you have the tailgate style rear end... if it's a lift gate then do what was mentioned.

Quick Reply: How do I take this off?