Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

How do you remove the trunk carpet and plastic panels?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 01:53 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default How do you remove the trunk carpet and plastic panels?

I am doing the spare tire rack mod and have taken off the tailgate panel to see where I'm drilling. I for some reason can't get rid the carpet and plastic pieces near the passenger corner cargo/trunk area to move at all. I need to take them off so I can see where I'm drilling there too. Any help?

Thanks!

Old 06-05-2011, 02:40 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

The rear seatbelt will need to be unbolted in order to get that plastic panel off. other than the two (upper and lower) bolts, the rest of it is held on by metal tabs/clips. You may need to pull the plastic trim panels along the top by the rear dome light and bottom by the tailgate.