Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

I kind of did something.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:32 PM
Starting Member
danmiranda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I kind of did something.....

I went wheeling again today, and me and a few buddies of mine got stuck on a trail. I being the last truck in line, had to reverse all the way back, there was not enough room to turn around, and the path was blocked. Ok, we figured, I went 2 miles down a dusty, dirt road, lots of bumps and all, finally I seen a spot to turn around, I went for it...

And..

I backed up, turning my head to see if anything was behind me, and WHAM. I hit a small tree, too low to see, but strong enough to do some damage. I bent my bumper, it has a lasting impression of that tree. Its pretty banged up, nothing serious, its only the bumper, I got out. Checked, I was rather cool, now which I find surprising. There is now a big dent in my bumper on the drivers side. Now cutting the story short, I got out without any other problems. I figure, the tree is ok, hes not gonna sue me, no one was hurt, and the bumper really took the hit. (Which didn't hold up to well IMO, I'll get pics tommarow.) Anywho, I need a new Rear bumper. I have a 1997 Chevy Blazer 2 Dr. LS 4x4. What years and models would carry the same bumper? The 98+ seem a bit different, is this correct? Im gonna head out to the junkyard in a few days and see if I can find a new one. Its a lot cheaper than buying new which is close to $150, whereas a junkyard bumper runs $30 + Paint.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:31 AM
Starting Member
klote82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: I kind of did something.....

dont you hate it when that happens

Old 03-27-2008, 11:54 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

I did the same thing. Dented my drivers side back corner piece. You are correct in your findings. You will need a bumper cover from a 95-97 Chevy blazer (2 or 4 door doesn't matter) Then the other problem you have is getting one with or without the molding. I have the molding and couldn't find one for my year in the local junkyards and wasnt going to pay $100 to fix it so I just tried hammering on it and that didn't really work so I just stuck it back on the truck and called it good for the last 1.5 years.

Old 03-27-2008, 12:57 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Im in the same boat lenny

wonder which genius at GM decided plastic bumpers were a good idea? i mean, its not like they're for bumping stuff [&:]

Old 03-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Starting Member
danmiranda is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the responses. What are the major differences with/without the molding? Also how easy is it going to be to get this bumper off?

Old 03-28-2008, 06:46 AM
blazerboy124 is an unknown quantity at this point

i can check the local chevy junk yard around here for ya.