Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

I need your help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Starting Member
gcrownguard83 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy I need your help.

My 01 4dr Blazer was hit by a tree. None of the insurance companies involved are covering the damages. What can I do for my truck? What does the time/effort/cost look like to put another body on the truck? Can I fit an S10 cab on my frame? Everything in front of the firewall is great. I just need to stop taking on water. Can Anybody help me with some options?

Old 12-02-2013, 07:54 PM
roypai is on a distinguished road

i would start with: 'do you have a hoist?' if you do, then a body swap is fairly straight forward. disconnect all the power/coolant/oil/sensor/etc lines (lots of time, zip ties, and labels!) from each, then lift off the body. sounds easy if you say it fast right?

if you don't have a hoist avail you could drop the trans and pull the engine (also lots of time!) and swap that way

which way out you're going to need another blazer. myself I'd get another and a tarp. drive the new one and swap over whatever's needed when you need it. - remember the VIN is in the dash, in the body. things get complicated when those tags start moving around.

....and a pox on insurance companies that refuse to pay... greedy $H!7s