Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

I Want Amber Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 08:18 AM
wienerdog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I Want Amber Turn Signals

Some vehicles like older Explorers have amber colored rear turn signals.
As I understand, vehicles headed for European markets must have amber rear turn sigs so I am wondering if there is a tail/brake light assemblythat has amber turn signalsavailable somewhere for our Blazers & Jimmy's?

My 1999 GMC Jimmy has a 'lift' gate where the entire backglass and gate lifts up which was a no cost option. If I have to, Peterson Mfg. makes amber lamps that are about 3/4"x 2" that I can mount where the lift gate meets thebumberwhen closed. These lamps fit perfectly in this spot and I canuse my existing trailer lighting harness for power. The problem with these particular lamps is they aren't as bright as turn sig/brake lights but would show up good because they would be off then flash on & off.
What'dya think?

Old 10-27-2008, 10:25 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough
Default RE: I Want Amber Turn Signals

Search for Brazil or Brazilian taillights. They have the amber turns, pretty common mod but pricey.

Old 10-28-2008, 12:54 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

RMHJENNY's truck in THIS THREAD (click the attachment) has the UK taillights that have the amber signals.

Old 10-28-2008, 02:53 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

I replaced mine with the euro smoked lights. It seems non American Blazer owners want American mods & American Blazer owners want what the others have. Strange!
And to think that all along I believed these lamps to be standard US equipment which all of you had changed.

The 4 lamp tail lights here in New Zealand come as OE from Japan. When coverting to Euro lights we obviously lose the 4th bulb (fog lamp) which is not a legal requirement - yet!

I may yet, as a separate project, paint these lights like 2002extreme has done, in which case I'll need to add back the 4th lamp & separate the tail & brake light. The fog light I already have planned for fitment to the right to the number plate.

Continuing this - a lot of you may have noticed that on the front fenders of my Blazer ( between the wheel & front door is an orange indicator (turn signal). This is a legal requirement in Japan (possibly Europe too). I also plan on changing this.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:01 AM
wienerdog is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo

RMHJENNY's truck in THIS THREAD (click the attachment) has the UK taillights that have the amber signals.

Thanks alot ot,I checked out the attachment pic and those tail lights are exactly what I am looking for.
I went to Brazil Ebay and my regular ebay login info doesn't work. Maybe one of you more computer savvy people can access Brazil Ebay and find a pair of Blazer tail lights for me. I'll buy them.
Thanks much

Old 10-29-2008, 02:49 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

https://blazerforum.com/m_176896/tm.htm

I don't think they've been sold yet