Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

If you have problems with interior lights not going out

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:25 PM
cage47 is on a distinguished road
Default If you have problems with interior lights not going out

I've had this problem. I had it mostly on the passenger side of my Jimmy that had the accident. I can tell the door was slightly warped. It is enough now that the door does not push the plunger on the switch that turns off the lights far enough. I figured this out because I ended up taking the plug out and leaving it disconnected. The other doors work fine and the lights would turn off. When I put that switch back in you can look in through the window with the door closed and see there is quite a bit of space between the dash and the door panel. It only needs a slight amount of push to get the switch to turn off the lights. But a slight warp or if there is something wrong on the door panel the switch plunger won't go in far enough. For a temporary fix you can super glue the top from an asperine or tylenol bottle over the striker on the door panel. That will give it enough push to turn the lights off. It might look stupid but it'll work until you can find something better looking to do it.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:32 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, that would do it. You could just epoxy on a spacer to trigger the switch if you really wanted to fix it...