Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Installing Hunter Brush Guard

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 05:46 PM
basketballmail2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Installing Hunter Brush Guard

Ok, my brush guard just arrived, the schematics that come with it leave a lot to wish for, so can anyone give me some pointers on installing it? Do I have to remove the front grill like the diagram shows? Or is that just more as a reference? I'll be sure to take pics when I install it to make a guide for the future but some help would be appriciated.

Thanks
Cedric

Old 12-14-2007, 07:26 PM
Zasder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Installing Hunter Brush Guard

I just bought there bull bar...it was an easy install, only took about 15 minutes.

The bottum brackets are held on from the bumper supports, so its really not usefull becuase its not bolted on the frame. So hopefully your not intending to really use it, it will however be a great brush guard.

It is just 4 bolts, 2 on each side, look at the frame then you will see 2 bolts right next to the body mount and it will line right up with the mounting brackets. then so the same for the other.

then if you have the full size brush guard I'm pretty sure there is another piece that goes above the grill, but I do not know how that connects.

Old 12-26-2007, 11:22 PM
nnnon632 is an unknown quantity at this point

Igot the brush guard,I took off the grill as said, butI didn't use spacers or anything. If you use the spacer you either A.) have to cut throught the grill then you have steel bars coming out of your grill and it looks ugly. or B.) you manage to fit everything under the grill, but then your whole grill is lifted 2-4 inches and it looks retarded. So you will need to brainstorm a little. If you look there is a small gap that can fit the mounting bars. Mostly you want to make the gap as small as possible. Ill take pics, but whatI did was use the factory bolts, flip the top brackets so the bend is facing up. Put like 2-3 washers under the bracket because you will notice that there is a little depression where the bolt goes.(The mounting bar will raise the more you tighten it.) Then you will have to put a small dog bend in it to run it flush with the bumper. After you hook up the bumper, square it etc. Bolt it up and you should be good to go. I hope this helped. Good Luck

Old 12-29-2007, 05:36 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I dunno..I used the upper support brackets as directed with spacers and have no gap nor stretching/bending of the grill. I did notice that if your center grill clip does not go in all the way, the front of the grill leans forward, creating a wave like bend in the lower lip of the grille. Also the center support attaches with 6 very large bolts into the frame ends while bolting through the bumper support. It seemed very sturdy to me, definitely appears to be functional, not just for looks.