Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Interior ideas

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 09:44 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Interior ideas

Ripped apart my interior on the truck over the weekend and realized how nasty everything is. The carpet is disgusting, specifically.

I thought about going with a bedliner or vinyl mat direction, but I would have to hide all of the wires if I went bedliner...and I'm not paying nearly 300 bucks for vinyl mats from rockauto. So I'm going to keep my carpet and just shampoo the crap out of it, see how good I can make it looks.

So, while I have everything ripped apart, I was thinking about doing something to help quiet the creaks and rattles the truck has, and doing this as cheap as possible. I know this won't get the best results, but has anybody used that rubber undercoating stuff to stop rattles?

I know some ricers have used it to quiet trunk rattles from their obnoxious stereos, so I figure maybe it'll help? I don't want to spent a buttload and use dynamat or anything like that since money is still tight... and well, this is a 12 year old mud truck/DD, so cheap is the name of this game.

Thoughts?

Old 03-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Beginning Member
avelate63 is on a distinguished road

i would love to hear any solutions to this too.. i've put insulation (lol) in between the panels in attempt to stop this with some but not amazing results.