Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Interior mod idea. Front seats in back.

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009, 07:47 PM
2oooBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default Interior mod idea. Front seats in back.

Hello,
I picked up a 2000 Blazer a little while ago and was wondering if its possible to remove the back seats and install 2 front bucket seats with a console?
Has anyone done it?
I think it would be really nice and cool.
I'm not concerned with not being able to put the seats down to create more space when carrying large items.
Before I go ripping the back seats of the truck I would like to see what you think and or know about it.
Thanks

Old 11-15-2009, 07:49 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

I hope its a 4 door.... otherwise... GOODLUCK.. lol..

Old 11-15-2009, 08:02 PM
2oooBlazer is on a distinguished road

Yes its a 4 door.

Old 11-15-2009, 08:39 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

thats a good idea. im sure you could find a way of doing it. you will need to fab up some brackets though. also im not sure exactly how the 4 doors are but in my 2 door i think the height might be an issue.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:11 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

the height issue NVANZEE, is due to the shape of the floor pan in the back seat area. so yes 2oooBlazer, you mst definately need to make custom brackets for them. i'd just make them sit as far back as you can (with a little room for reclining) and not have them slid forward/backwards at all. the console is JK on the difficulty scale.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah height could be an issue, but if you fab you brackets low enough it would work and be really cool!

old skool you beat me too it lol

Old 11-15-2009, 09:19 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by 96chevblazer
Yeah height could be an issue, but if you fab you brackets low enough it would work and be really cool!

old skool you beat me too it lol
yea! for once i did beat someone to the punch. usually i'm so long winded (my wife's words, hahahaha) i'm usually finishing my post the minute after someone else said the same thing as me. first time for everything, lol.

Old 11-15-2009, 09:21 PM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
yea! for once i did beat someone to the punch. usually i'm so long winded (my wife's words, hahahaha) i'm usually finishing my post the minute after someone else said the same thing as me. first time for everything, lol.
congrats lol

Old 11-16-2009, 08:43 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

They definitely wouldn't work in a 2dr, but I could see something being made for a 4dr to make it work. You'd have to make brackets for the inside sides of the seats since I don't imagine there are ones already there. I'd like to see it done though. Keep us updated if you do it.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:52 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Been tried before but just looks bad unless you cut the seats down cause the floor pan makes them sit way to high.

Quick Reply: Interior mod idea. Front seats in back.