Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

lambo doors

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 08:41 PM
mikeymike is on a distinguished road
Default lambo doors

hello im new to the forums and just wanted to know if anyone has ever messed with the 275.00 bolt on kit from carlambodoors.com ?
i'm thinking bout ordering it but when i do the install i will fully weld once i get lined up so i wont worry bout sagging or misalignment. any input on success stories? and i honestly dont care if u got something bad to say i dont ridicule the idiotic things people do to their cars and trucks so i would like the same in return, i like what i do to my vehicles and if you dont, dont waste my time please thank you very much for any response

Old 09-30-2012, 08:45 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Honestly, the way it looks, does not outweigh the problems that come from it. They are problematic, even if you weld them on so you dont have to worry about sagging or misalignment, you still will have those problems. You run a risk of messing up your fenders as well.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM

thanks for the response, my thing is im always customizing my truck in diff ways, if i dont ill just trade it off and start over so im brainstorming on new ideas, ive got an all white 98 model with 24" giovanna wheels, tinted windows all clear lights and roll pan side shaver kit in the rear with 4 12" subs and 2600 watt amp, and also do you think it would be worth a shot even if i had an extra front end for the truck just to see if i could actually do it and make it work? i mean i have an extra set, im not hurting for money to buy the kit, and wouldnt cause too much pain for me, plus if it doesnt work it would be a learning experiance lol....def gonna take the time to think about it though

Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yeah even welded a cheap kit is going to have issues. The hinge itself will wear out quickly along with everything rich has said. I won't ridicule you about it but I have to ask why would you do something IMO so ugly to a blazer? I mean they are called "Lambo doors" for a reason!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:04 PM

i understand that they are called lambo doors hints the lamborghini, but its just something different to do to the truck its a daily driver so its not like its a mud truck or anything like that ya know ..... point behind it, its just something different and thats the way i like my vehicles, different i guess lol, thanks for the responses rich and rex, like i said ima think long and hard before doing

Old 09-30-2012, 09:09 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Yeah in the end its your truck and you can do what you wish with it but my vote is for please hell no!! Lol!!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 PM
Starting Member
nunya is on a distinguished road

To each their own in my book, not my flavor but I don't have to like it, what I can say though from hands on experience is
1. Even the 'better' kits have alignment issues with fender hitting fear and body lines without sinking a lot of time and/or money in them
2. Everything I've ever gotten into/out of with a Lamborghini style door kit kinda sucked, a few of those times it's good to have a hard head lets say (not that I'm some huge built guy or anything either at 6ft and scrawny build)

Old 09-30-2012, 09:41 PM
NewbieT is on a distinguished road

pics of the '98 or it didn't happen . "There called lambo doors for a reason" lol don't tell the honda kids that. I say if you've got another front end and the spare money and time go for it so we can see how it would look! Personally I like suicide doors more, is this a four door? If so front doors lambo rear doors suicide FTW!

Old 09-30-2012, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

If you want to try something different, dont do lambo doors, not knocking you, again, Its your truck, if you want to do it, more power to you. but lambo doors have been played to death.
If you want to try something different, give the blazer gullwings :P

Old 09-30-2012, 10:00 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by NewbieT
pics of the '98 or it didn't happen . "There called lambo doors for a reason" lol don't tell the honda kids that. I say if you've got another front end and the spare money and time go for it so we can see how it would look! Personally I like suicide doors more, is this a four door? If so front doors lambo rear doors suicide FTW!
No, front suicide, REAR lambos.... I just blew your mind.... LOL

But I agree, pics of the truck.

Quick Reply: lambo doors