Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

lights for the roof rack

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 10:06 PM
jasonk282 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default lights for the roof rack

Figured that since i do not use my roof rack, how would i go about getting lights to put on it. i figure an auto parts store can carry them. any kind of info would be appreciated.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:39 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough
Default RE: lights for the roof rack

get a thule 450 crossroads foot pack and lb50 load bar. first see if you can find some lights, thule used to make big lights that came with the wiring harness and everything to mount onto that bar although they discontinued this 2 years ago, there are still some of these lights out there though and they look good.

Old 01-19-2009, 04:37 AM
yukonmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

I used the 3x6 55W Halogen lights from Jetco, you can order them through NAPA (you may have to argue with them since they aren't a regular supplier, but they'll do it) and only cost $35 for a pair. I used four of them on my stock roof rack, drilled into the front crossbeam. Wiring was simple as long as you know the basics, and I used two switches so i can turn on one side on at a time (for directional trails, or flashing friends passing by in oncoming traffic).

here and here are the lights on my truck

and here is the pdf product sheet for jetco, my lights were product #123-S91302XW

I have a bunch of pics I took for the install, but I haven't put them online yet...If you want I can throw them up here for a How-To

I've had those lights installed for 6months now and i'm very happy with them. They are great on the highway as I have them set to fire into the ditches (moose and caribou are way too common of a sight for my liking), with my KC Rally 800's lighting the way up the middle(which i also recommend if you are looking for high powered lighting up front).

Old 01-19-2009, 08:02 AM
Starting Member
FlatTopFoley has a little shameless behavior in the past

If you could upload those pics that would be great. This is a little project I was thinking about doing come spring time.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:47 PM
cr8390 is an unknown quantity at this point

i drilled 4 holes in my roof rack bought 4 baja lights from autozone they look good and get the job done then wired them all. I took one screw out of the roof rack on each side and ran the wires down threw the screw hole into the headliner from there ran them threw the fire wall to the battery. Then i used some black silicone to fill in the screw hole and you can barley tell the wire is there unless you look really hard. There about 1 inch of wire showing.

Old 02-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Starting Member
bammontana has a little shameless behavior in the past

Well what I did was basically buy a carriage off of ebay, 4 baja lights and custom fitted them into my carriage like so:

http://img18.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img1401ik5.jpg