Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Location for aftermarket foglights? Suggestion?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Monkeyman is on a distinguished road
Default Location for aftermarket foglights? Suggestion?

I recently purchased an aftermarket set of foglights (Pilot brand). I'm not sure where to mount them. I have an '04 Blazer (4wd/4dr). I'll get a grille guard/light bar eventually but for now, I have no idea where to mount the lights. These are fairly large lights (so I can't mount them behind the grille). Any suggestions? I don't want to spend alot of money fabbing up mounts as that money could go towards a grille guard (wasted money).

TIA

Old 10-23-2009, 12:04 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If you don't do any off roading and would have no use for your tow hooks, why not take those out and put them in those holes. They're only held on with a few bolts...and you could mount your fogs right on the frame.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:13 PM
Monkeyman is on a distinguished road

Good suggestion but it looks like the frame is right up against the valance. No room for fogs there. (Besides, I like my tow hooks even tho I don't use 'em. )

Old 10-23-2009, 01:29 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

What fogs did you buy? Do you have a pic of them? Might help for some ideas...

Old 10-23-2009, 04:00 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

so... why not mount it to the grille guard (when you get it) and between now and then, dream about how BA they will look on your grille guard AND pray for no fog?
Without being able to stash them behind the girlle, the only other options are
1) hack a chunk of the grill out so the larger lights can poke through
2) mount them under your bumper to your frame by way of the tow hooks (like Sisk said)
3) mount them to the bumper directly

Only one of those is a good option in my opinion, and you ruled it out.