Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Looking for a good aftermarket skidplate

Old 03-12-2010, 12:02 AM
T1g4h is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Looking for a good aftermarket skidplate

I figure this is the right spot to ask. Recently my '96 Blazer had a run in with a roadsign and as a result, i've basically had to replace the front end. Now, all I have left at this point is bumper + valance and the plastic skidplate that protects the oil filter and whatnot in the front.

Thing is, while I could just put on a factory bumper and factory plastic skidplate, I was thinking of taking this opportunity to upgrade. I'm basically looking for a metal pre-runner style skidplate + nerf bar setup, something that would protect the front suspension and oil filter and probably replace the front bumper or at least come up under it.

http://www.jbaheaders.com/assets/ima...mburg_1405.jpg

Something like that, essentially, only made for a Blazer obviously. Are there any good aftermarket metal skidplates for the S10 Blazers, or would I likely have to find a good machinist and have something custom made? Also, what would a good estimate be in terms of cost?

Old 03-12-2010, 07:25 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

If it were me I'd fab my own (or if you don't have the tools/know how then find someone who can). That way you can get exactly what you want/need and it might even work out to be cheaper for you. Custom work is always more rewarding too