Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

lower side plastics

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Beginning Member
chevy dude is on a distinguished road
Default lower side plastics

on some zr2s ive seen a black plastic strip on the lower sides connecting the wheel weld plastics and looking like one solid plastic piece.my questions are is this something from chevy stock on some models?and do i get the side moldings from dealer or somewhere else?any help will do you guys are always great .thanks

Old 04-22-2012, 08:50 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Are you talking about the fender flares? All ZR2's came with them. If you aren't talking about fender flares, I have not idea what you are talking about, sorry.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Beginning Member
Default lower side plastics -?

im talking about the lower sides from front fender flare to the rear fender flares on both sides.basically its a black molding that makes the fender flares appear to be one piece .it runs across the whole lower door from the section where the body ridges out .the part that has the blazer emblem on the side.so the whole lower door section plus a little on rear and front lower sides.its function would be to protect the whole lower sides of the door in between each fender flare.i hope this helps i dont have a pic but after researching i saw many that have it .is it some kind of molding plastic looking protective piece.where do i find them or is evrybody just spray painting across to make it look like one solid piece.hope this helps.thanks

Old 04-23-2012, 09:34 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

I think pictures would help best

Old 04-23-2012, 09:54 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

As far as I know, I've never seen a ZR2 come with the body molding you described. Bravadas and a few Blazers and Jimmys, yes, but not ZR2's. In fact, I don't think I've ever seen any 2 doors with what you are looking for, only 4 doors.

Again, as far as I know, this was from the factory, not a dealer add on nor aftermarket.

Old 04-24-2012, 02:15 AM
Beginning Member
Default side plastic

i will try to get a pic i really dont know to put it this but its starting to seem like the pics i saw maybe good spray painting but i check again .keep you posted

Old 04-24-2012, 02:32 AM
Beginning Member
Old 04-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Starting Member
99Legendary is on a distinguished road

I am pretty sure it's just a bed lined lower panel.

Old 04-24-2012, 12:55 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

yup its bed lined

Old 04-25-2012, 12:56 AM
Beginning Member
Default bed lined

guys i dont even know what that means ,how do i do it ?thanks

Quick Reply: lower side plastics