Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Mirror replacement 87 k5

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 08:57 PM
trixter is on a distinguished road
Default Mirror replacement 87 k5

Vehicle: 1987 K5 blazer

I am looking for new mirrors, taller ones like what the jeep wrangler comes standard with. Basically I would prefer about double the height of the stock mirror. It would be nice if it was like the ford F350 mirrors (others?) where it had the curved mirror at the bottom, but still had the height that the jeep ones have. This is a big vehicle and its difficult at best to see many of the subcompacts out there who are insane with phone calls, texting, watching DVDs and whatever else they do instead of driving.

Can anyone recommend something either they personally have had good experiences with, or directly know someone who has had good experiences with a taller mirror (I would prefer to avoid "friend of a friend" type recommendations for obvious reasons).

I really dont want a mirror that gets loose and flops around after it gets whacked with brush and all that.

Thanks

Old 05-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on what year F350 you were looking at as to how difficult it will be to mount up. Some of the two arm style mirrors are pretty universal. I have a set on mine right now that could support a larger mirror if they were not already shot. I am going to the lower profile, newer style mirrors though.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:30 PM
trixter is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Depends on what year F350 you were looking at as to how difficult it will be to mount up. Some of the two arm style mirrors are pretty universal. I have a set on mine right now that could support a larger mirror if they were not already shot. I am going to the lower profile, newer style mirrors though.
That may be suitable, was looking for a direct bolt on replacement, but I am already applying bondo all over the place and plan on painting it anyway, I guess I could just do that for the mirrors.

Thanks