Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Nerf Bar Install

Old 03-22-2009, 03:51 PM
JimCan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nerf Bar Install

Hi, I recently purchased a set of nerf bars. I believe them to be original since I've seen them on a bunch of blazers around town. I know that they bolt up to the body mounts and the frame. do i need new bolts for the mounts or can I use the same ones I have? The guy scraped the truck so I can't grab the ones he had.

Thanks

Old 03-22-2009, 06:09 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

My nerf bars (Westin brand) came with longer bolts for the body mounts. I can't say exactly how much longer they are and I'm not sure how far the bolts thread into the body so I don't know for sure if the stock bolts WONT work.

My bars also came with washer/spacers. Large square pieces that went between the bracket for the bar and the body mount. 1 on the front bracket and 2 for the rear bracket. The rear bracket was also longer than the front bracket.

Click pic for full size version.

Old 03-25-2009, 05:39 PM
JimCan is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info. Judging by the corrosion on the mounting brackets, there weren't any square type washers used like on yours. I'm going to try and install the nerf bars this weekend with the original bolts. If they don't work out I'll have to try to find longer ones.

Thanks again for the info,

K.