Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

New brush guard

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 01:16 AM
aced411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: New brush guard

I don't think so there seems to be enough clearence directly underneath, I actually think it's scraping b/c the weight of the guard. I had just enough lift to safely clear my tires from the fender, and now when I hit a dip I think the extra weight pushes it back down to the fender. I'm hoping those monotube shocks I ordered will hold it up better. If not I'll just have to live with it. I can't go back down to a 235 now. W/ the 2" BL it would look rediculous

Old 02-17-2008, 01:24 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

That's a sweet looking guard.

Old 02-17-2008, 07:38 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice!

Old 02-18-2008, 08:27 PM
Starting Member
Private_Ops is an unknown quantity at this point

That a Westin? Looks exactly like mine.

Old 02-18-2008, 09:54 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Very good add on. I have been wanting one for a while, but I dont have 400$ to throw down on one. I am just waiting for a good deal to come my way to finally get one.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:06 PM

It's a CSI. Supposed to be equivalent to a Westin. Cost the same.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:12 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Looks identical to my Hunter. Cost 200 less

Edit: Upon further review of the picture, I'm either amazingly talented at holding the cramera level, and my parking lot is on an incline, or I fail at holding my camera level...oh well [8D]

Old 02-19-2008, 05:43 PM

Your hunter looks great!. By the way Gabriel Max Control monotube shocks eliminated the scraping/rubbing. I guess the Mountain Ryders just couldn't' hold that grill up

Old 02-19-2008, 07:33 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Woo! Glad to hear it worked! That gives me hope! My front sags quite a bit as well, and I was hoping to avoid the T-Bars

Old 02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

The hunter guard does look really good, I am trying to see when they get a new one on ebay so I can buy it and put it on in a couple weeks. I can't wait to mount some lights to it too. I think I might need to get a new battery at the same time though to power the lights since my current battery is getting near the end of its life.

Quick Reply: New brush guard