Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

The New Look!! (W/ Before/After Pics)

Old 06-19-2009, 04:14 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road
Default The New Look!! (W/ Before/After Pics)

I'd been meaning to getting around to re-painting the grille and bow tie on my Blazer since they needed to TLC.

The grille was all faded/scratched and just looked like garbage. So I went ahead and picked up some paint and went to work! I also got some automotive lighting spray and tinted the turn signals and tailights as I've never seen anyone do it, and I like being original!

Opinions/Questions/Comments??

My next project is the faded trim around the back windows..

Enjoy!!

Front End:

Before

After

Rear End:

Before:

After:

notice the black bowtie

I think a new sig is in order!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:47 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

mannn I love it!! It looks AWESOME! Did you clear the turn lights? They look a bit dull, if you threw a coat of clear on there it might look a bit better IMO.
Other then that I really love the updates...minor and simple, but they make the truck look 100 times better. Gets me to thinking I might color code my grille too

Old 06-19-2009, 05:12 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

looks good man!!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:21 PM

No I didn't clear the lights, I might though. In the pics they are dirty, when clean they actually shine nicely!

I couldnt believe how much better it looked either! Thanks guys!

Old 06-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Starting Member
blazeitupdrgonzo is on a distinguished road

Looks sweet

Old 06-19-2009, 07:01 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

did you sand your lights before you sprayed them? if so what grit sandpaper did you use or did you just use a scuff pad?

Old 06-19-2009, 07:10 PM

Nope, I goo-goned them to prep them, i figured that would be the best way to clean them!

Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 PM

gotcha...ive got my stock lights laying around so i think i might try spraying them and see how they turn out.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:45 PM

I'm pretty pleased, the can cost like $14 at Advance Auto and it covers like 14sq feet (compared to like $40 for the covers) A word of advice, hold the can a long ways from the light as the stuff goes on thick. I was holdin it about a foot away and what you see is one coat. So..

Old 06-19-2009, 07:46 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

haha wow..one coat, that's pretty dark. I'm going to get a can soon to do my tail lights. I just want a slight tint though, probably not fully black

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The New Look!! (W/ Before/After Pics)