Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

The New Look!! (W/ Before/After Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 03:17 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Old 07-02-2009, 04:45 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

now you see you went the smart inexpensive way on your turn signals i just bought a new set of black ones but besides the point. looks damn good. but a question for ya do you have any idea yet as to what you are going to use the redo the black trim around the windows? i need to redo mine i just have not yet figured out how or what im using to do it

Old 07-02-2009, 04:57 PM
Beginning Member
smoke03 is on a distinguished road

did you clear coat the taillights as well? Thats a VERY POPULAR mod over on the silverado SS forum. I had my taillight tinted on mine when I had it....I love the way a good set of tinted tailights look. Did you tint the thrid brake light as well? I cant tell in the pics

Old 07-02-2009, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by blazerguy22
now you see you went the smart inexpensive way on your turn signals i just bought a new set of black ones but besides the point. looks damn good. but a question for ya do you have any idea yet as to what you are going to use the redo the black trim around the windows? i need to redo mine i just have not yet figured out how or what im using to do it
I'll be doing the rear window trim asap. Need to find sometime between summer classes, two jobs, family, and girlfriend. I'm going to prep them via sandpaper and automotive primer. For the gloss black look like it came out of the factory I'll be using a product called mothers back to black. I'm debating on whether or not to paint them pewter like the rest of the truck.

Originally Posted by smoke03
did you clear coat the taillights as well? Thats a VERY POPULAR mod over on the silverado SS forum. I had my taillight tinted on mine when I had it....I love the way a good set of tinted tailights look. Did you tint the thrid brake light as well? I cant tell in the pics
No I did not clearcoat them. They shine pretty nicely. Yes, I did in fact coat the third brake light. I'll get some better pics as well as night pics up asap.

Old 07-02-2009, 08:28 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

i was considering painting mine white but idk it might look good but then i have to get another pint of GM50 and more clear coat to match them to the rest of the truck dont forget when you do those if you do paint them pewter to clearcoat them

Old 07-08-2009, 09:01 PM

Here's a few pics with the lights on as promised.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Beginning Member
cz8192 is on a distinguished road

what is the spray that you used for the lights called? and can u stil see the brake lights and turn signals? get pulled over for these?

Old 07-08-2009, 11:20 PM

The spray is called VHT Nightshades.

The above pics are just tailights, no brake lights or signals, so yes the lights are very visible. As far as getting pulled over, depends on the area you're in and the officer who see's you.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Beginning Member
cz8192 is on a distinguished road

cool. im definetly thinking about doing this. the front grill looks great, and i have already put in clear led's for my reverse lights which looks awesome in the dark

Old 07-08-2009, 11:27 PM

Thanks!

I've got orange LED's in the little turn signals next to the headlights, they're pretty bright. I need to go ahead and swap em all.

Quick Reply: The New Look!! (W/ Before/After Pics)