Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

New Paint Idea?!

Old 09-26-2013, 11:05 PM
Starting Member
ScottsdaleK5 is on a distinguished road
Default New Paint Idea?!

Hey guys, haven't posted in a while but I am gonna be painting my 89 K5 in a couple of months at school. I have a few ideas but I want to know what you guys have seen for custom paint jobs, or what you guys have with paint jobs. Would love opinions on colors, too!

Thanks!

Old 11-21-2013, 07:58 PM
Starting Member

Any ideas?! Need to choose color(s) soon and would love ideas!

Old 11-21-2013, 10:55 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

It depends on what you are looking for out of a paint job... the options are literally endless.. this is such an open ended question.

Old 11-21-2013, 11:47 PM
Starting Member

It is! But it's mostly because I am don't want to seem too closed on the ideas of what other people think! I am just curious to know what other people have thought about or what they have seen.

As for me, I am thinking about the same type of two tone it is now(signiture picture) or else a solid color with some sort of striping. I just can't picture what type of striping may look good which is why I am asking for ideas.

For color, I am thinking a silver metallic on top and a black metallic on bottom, but this is a really original paint job and just wondered if anyone had any ideas on what colors may look good or a different type of scheme that would look good on a Blazer

Old 11-22-2013, 12:30 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

In my opinion, I have done a lot of automotive painting. The silver on top would be awesome. I for some reason have always thought a nice gloss silver on top, and a flat black on the bottom separated by a gloss black pin stripe would be awesome.
Then do some of the same color combo on the rims, some how add the gloss silver with some flat black inserts, something along those lines. It would be extremely aggressive, and clean at the same time.

Old 11-25-2013, 10:40 PM
Starting Member

If I did the black and silver I would break it with like a one in hugger orange stripe just to make it stand out a little! I also thought about like a darker candy apple red with a flat stripe all the way around or some sort of striping. Any thoughts on that, or striping schemes that would look good?

Old 11-26-2013, 04:06 PM
BF Veteran

I have loved candy apple red.. I think that could look amazing.
Pairing flat pin striping with gloss has always looked good