Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

New Paint Job! (Finished!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 05:19 PM
djdrew010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New Paint Job! (Finished!!!)

New paint is finally coming!!Seeing that I just lost my job I have a lot more time on my hands. I was at my uncles shop pretty much all of last week and I made a deal with him. The deal is that I will come work for free and he will pay for all of the supplies to paint my truck! I'm so stoked for this, it will be my first time doing body work and I am very eager to learn!! I plan on keeping the same color, seeing that it will be the easiest. The rust is pretty much on both quarter panels and rear bumper, which I'm going to sand blast. And there are little scraps and patches of missing paint through out the whole body as a ton of chipping on the hood.

Old 11-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Default RE: New Paint Job! (InProgress)

i started to prep for paint on Wednesday by taking the bumper and the bumper sides off. On Thursday I took all of the old chipping bondo off to see what the real damage was. Man The passenger side was so wavy, some one my have hit something on that quarter panel! The driver`s side wasn`t too bad but there was some low spots. Today I spent most of the day grinding down the bumper to get all of the rust off, man is it taking forever! On Monday I`m going to go across the street where they have a sandblaster that they use outside so I`ll be able to blaster the bumper free of rust. I started putting Dura Glass (a lot stronger than bondo) on the quarters. I sanded down the divers side and it is looking real good a few low spots so I filled them up some more. I`m waiting till Monday so I can get back there to start working on it again! It sucks I`m not gonna have my truck for the weekend but oh well It`s worth it!!!!!!

EDIT: Got rid of apostrophes and changed pics to clickable thumbnails. PM me if you would like to learn how to do this.

Old 11-07-2008, 10:32 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like fun. Not a bad gig either, I wouldn`t mind working for "free" in exchange for some paint work.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:25 PM

Some good news bad news. Good news is that we have everything blocked and ready to start priming and painting. The bad news is that the compressor took a dump when we were about to start spraying, it blew a gasket, and this happened right after lunch so we couldn't really so much. Tomorrow morning I should be able to get in there and knock it out!

Old 11-14-2008, 07:23 PM

I've been really tired the past week and didn't feel like posting new pics up. After some difficulties with the guy spraying my truck kept running the paint, this guy says he a body and paint guy but he's not. We finally got everything worked out and we put the primer, color, and clear on! It shines so much right now with out any wax! I can't wait to put it back together and see what she really looks like!!!! Here's some pics of the last week.

Primer

Color

Missing the bumpers

Clear

Old 11-14-2008, 07:30 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Paint looks kinda purple?

Old 11-14-2008, 07:43 PM

Crappy 2 MP blackberry phone, over spray still in the air, lighting is not too good. But it is a pretty darn good match, just have to wait wait about a week to buff out the rest of the truck then everything will be coming together.

Old 11-17-2008, 07:08 PM

All right got everything back together today and boy she looks sharp! I'm wait to take pics in the sunlight whenever that will be since it's gonna be crappy here for the next few days. I was surprised on how well the color match was!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:47 AM
rx7_guy is an unknown quantity at this point

looks good so far

Old 11-19-2008, 08:05 PM

It was sunny for a little bit yesterday so I snapped two quick pics when I was leaving for class. I think she looks really good right now. Hopefully friday I will be able to buff out the whole truck and get that coat of wax on before the snow starts falling.

Quick Reply: New Paint Job! (Finished!!!)