Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Opinions Needed

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 08:26 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

phil i was thinking like a pure brown grill like the exterior color of your truck or a mix and match black with the emblem
like brown grill black bowtie
black grill and brown bow tie (i thinks its either already this or chrome)

by painting your grill/bow tie

Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 PM
Phil is on a distinguished road

My truck is black not brown

Old 02-20-2010, 02:47 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I will be buying that same billet grille in the near future, and I ran into this problem too. What I've set on is painting the chrome strip black, then painting the emblem a steel color to match the billet grille.

That was I think the grille and bowtie will compliment each other nicely, while the black strip will tie it all together with the truck. I feel that if I left the chrome strip there would be too much chrome going on for me.

There are some pics in my profile of the bowtie painted black. It's what I have right now.

Edit:
I'll throw ya this pic too. It's my background right now. Will the bowtie and chrome strip being black the emblem kinda gets lost in there.

Last edited by RangerG; 02-20-2010 at 02:51 AM.
Old 02-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Phil
My truck is black not brown
whoops could have sworn it was brown. what you do paint it last night

Old 02-20-2010, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by RangerG
I will be buying that same billet grille in the near future, and I ran into this problem too. What I've set on is painting the chrome strip black, then painting the emblem a steel color to match the billet grille.

That was I think the grille and bowtie will compliment each other nicely, while the black strip will tie it all together with the truck. I feel that if I left the chrome strip there would be too much chrome going on for me.

There are some pics in my profile of the bowtie painted black. It's what I have right now.

Edit: I'll throw ya this pic too. It's my background right now. Will the bowtie and chrome strip being black the emblem kinda gets lost in there.

Wow, thats a sick looking truck as your background. You and I are going to have basically the same looking truck.

Old 02-20-2010, 02:52 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Wow, thats a sick looking truck as your background. You and I are going to have basically the same looking truck.
Yeah haha. What I actually meant to put is that you should paint the chrome strip lime green and just tear the bowtie off. If you painted the billet grille deep purple it would tie it all together perfectly!!

Old 02-20-2010, 03:25 PM
foxxie is on a distinguished road

Wow, I like that a lot. And you just cleaned and then sprayed or did you sand any?
Masked out the lights [easier than trying to get the bezel of with out breaking them] a light sand with wet & dry 400, couple of coats of etch primer[ to bite into the chrome] another light sand & then your top coats.

Old 02-20-2010, 04:25 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default a

Looks awesome, I think the black bowtie would look sick. Also the chrome parking lamps like mine. copy and paste these links--> https://blazerforum.com/forum/album....pictureid=4927 , https://blazerforum.com/forum/album....pictureid=4929 .In the link the parking lights were from ebay, I sealed them with rubber silicone just to make sure no water gets in there around the outer edges where the two pieces meet, also I got the blue bulbs that glow amber it looks awesome I think it would look solid on your blazer since its black. Where did you get your programmer from? Have you got it hooked up yet?

Old 02-20-2010, 08:44 PM

Thanks. Yeah I hooked up the programmer today. Big difference, more than passed the ol butt-dyno. I just lurked on eBay for one and finally found one.

So an update to my project. I sanded, primed with two coats, sanded out imperfections, primed again, threw on two coats of paint, and a coat of clear. Letting it cure since it looks to match my truck's shade pretty well now. Pics tomorrow!

Old 02-20-2010, 11:49 PM
Starting Member
speterson1011 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default phil

shoot thats awesome, were going to have to meet sometime since were so close, I want to see what that hypertech is like I'm considering getting one

Quick Reply: Opinions Needed