Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Overhead Wiring Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 06:50 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Overhead Wiring Diagram

Im having a heck of a time finding valuable info. What I need is both a diagram of were the harnesses in the roof go for both with and without console and with or without lighted rearview.

My book lists interior wiring diagram but does not include eiter in the spec.

like the GM tare away views? anyone have one for roof wiring?

Old 02-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Starting Member
OILCOUNTRY is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Overhead Wiring Diagram

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f200/o...nstall-214399/

That thread may help you out! Im hopingto start on mine If and when it gets here...bought it used and now the guy isnt answering any of my emails.....YAY Internet buying!

Old 02-13-2009, 09:37 PM

I actually already have that document. What I am trying to figure out is whether its easyer to plumb extra wires along the current harness( for lighted rearview) or replace current harness with the one I pulled for the dic. either way ill have to mod a bit as the dic harness doesnt have a connector for the mirror, only for the dome and maps.

Old 02-15-2009, 10:23 PM

So... I managed to get my DIC in and all mywires ran darn close to stock. Everything seems to be working.

This has become more a writeup on the wiring side of things. not so much the console install, but the DIC install.

First Id like to note that all though the a-pillar harness in my truck only had 4 wires, the socket behind the dash did indeed already have all the necissary wires for the earlyer model DICs. My truck even had the plug for the air sensor on the core support with a blank connector on it instead of a sensor.

Heres what I did:

I pulled both pillar covers, removed both visors, removed dome housing, removed passanger oh-**** handle, unbolted drivers seatbelt and pulled the top of the pillar cover back. i then ever so gently "wedged" my fingers under the headliner very slowly till it "popped" loose, go slowly! When I had it down enough that i could see, I was abled to "pull" on the dome light wires at they came loose from the rib. The other connectors are way easyer to see to pull out. I then unplugged the rearview and tilted it down.

Conclusion:

The plugs, although identical in shape, are wired diffrently for the mirror as aposed to the console. what I ended up doing was using a couple connector end I snaged at the JY, I created a Y adapter that plugged into my DIC harness, but had a connector for the mirror and one for the console. Essentially you just wire the colors together IE white(dome floating ground), orange(allways on), yellow(accessorie on), black(ground), DIC harness matches colorwise, but console light connectors are wird colors so as long as one side of the Y is wired the same as the "in" part of the Y, and the other side is wired for the mirror, then your all good.

As for adding the "mode" DIC, I used a paperclip to poke into the wire header and pop loose the wires, then I moved them pin-for-pin over too the wider connector for the MDIC. your left with three open holes. at this point hopefully u have a wire somewhere that has one of the pin connectors on it. you put it in the last hole and solder a long wire to it. For me I tabed this extra wire right along the harness.

Installing the new harness was a breeze. for the visors are hardest part and theres any easy trick. tape a piece of metal to the visor connector and stick it in the hole. then u a retractable magnet stick to pull it out the hole. Installation of headliner is; just gently push back up and all the gadgets and pillar covers hold in back in place just fine. I supose you could just plumb the wires but looking at this project, I have to say getting the already made DIC harness was a good call. considering this DIC came from an astro, and the console and harness from a blazer of the same year as mine.

when your getting harnesses for modding it never hurts to get two, half the time you only get charged for one, lol. oh yah splice that "extra" wire to pin 2(purple) on your obdII port.

Old 08-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

do you have the center temp console on your blazer. just wondering if headliner removal would be the same for mine. 2000 blazer V6 4.3L
installing roof clearance lights. any help appreciated