Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Possible sunroof project???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 12:56 AM
hubbmatt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Possible sunroof project???

Has anyone installed their own sunroof? I've been dwelling on the idea for awhile now and would like to give it a shot. I have a year of autobody repair under my belt from my local tech college so i'm pretty familiar with the processes. I just don't want to chop a hole in my roof and then realize i'm in over my head.

Old 12-10-2009, 07:18 AM
paulthomas2 is on a distinguished road

If you don't want to do so just contact the dealor he will guide you the right way and will show you the right direction.....so its better to contact dealor...

Old 12-10-2009, 08:02 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It really depends on what kind of sunroof you are looking at putting in. I have seen very few aftermarket sunroof's that I liked how they fit and many leak.

Check around with some of the automotive accessory installers in your area to see what it would cost for a sunroof install. That way if it leaks, someone else gets the task of fixing it.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:05 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

x2 on the leaking. I've seen very few after market sunroofs that don't leak in some way.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

<<changes mind on putting in small pop-up sunroof....

yah not gonna take a chance in butchering my roof only to have some moron charge mw 300$s to fix it....mmm mmm *shakes head*

how ever lol..i HAVE seen magnets that look like sun roofs lmao..if u want ont i think theyh're only like 50$s lmao..beats cutting a hole in your roof and can't tell its fake unless you're in the truck :P cheesey i know...had to mention it..made me laugh when it popped into my head.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:04 AM
hubbmatt is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I'll drop the cash for a pro install for sure! Anyone have a guesstimate on the price? I'm not looking for anything special, just a motorized sunroof, somewhere around 18"x24".

Old 12-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Unlimitedsp is on a distinguished road

Def do some research on the installer. Make sure they know exactly what they are doing. These things have to be installed almost perfect or it will leak like a bitch. Trust me been there done that.

Old 12-11-2009, 02:01 PM
CNYCountryKidd is on a distinguished road

Check with installations unlimited if there is one around you. I think they do that stuff.. I wouldn't mind getting a moon roof actually.. sun roofs tend to leak more than moon roofs do and that's more work than I would want to do every 5 or 6 years lol.