General Chat Chat about all things Blazer (and related vehicles). Off-topic stuff should be in the lounge, and all mechanical problems should be posted in the proper forum.

Possible project in the near future ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Possible project in the near future ?

So I have decided that when I get enough money to buy another rig I am going to make Sasha my project truck and I am going to completely restore it ( as much as I can ) I will probably start with the interior my plan will be to completely gut it and go with "the list" as described below :

-new headliner (black)
-repair any rust and holes in the floor
-primer the floor (to prevent rust)
-rhino line the floor I will probably do at least 2 coats
-custom leather seat covers (black/green) front and rear seats
-new steering wheel
-custom center console (black/green)
-custom paint the dash, door panels, tailgate, etc etc mostly black with green
accents
-re upholster the door panel fabric, tailgate fabric, etc etc with black leather
-re upholster sun visors with black leather also install new mirrors on each one
-new rear view mirror ( possibly custom painted as well )
-new gas, brake, and e brake pedals
-fix all wiring issues and make everything nice and neat ( and hopefully hidden ) lol
-pioneer stereo system and maybe a cb radio

that is what I have thought of so far it will probably take me forever to accomplish but it will take care of the whole interior just about

any ideas or comments are always welcome

also as I said before this will only happen if I can find another vehicle to use as my dd since the Blazer would be completely ripped apart on the inside ... and then the outside and then underneath and then ...... you get the point

Old 12-28-2011, 08:52 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Personally I'd stay away from leather. It just isn't comfortable & makes your butt sweat lol.
I'm betting you'll be spending lots of time on ebay, auto sites etc looking at aftermarket mods, swtches, lighting, carpet, sound systems etc. I do that now & I'm not even thinking of a complete rebuild lol.

Old 12-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Starting Member
89Recon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Personally I'd stay away from leather. It just isn't comfortable & makes your butt sweat lol.
I'm betting you'll be spending lots of time on ebay, auto sites etc looking at aftermarket mods, swtches, lighting, carpet, sound systems etc. I do that now & I'm not even thinking of a complete rebuild lol.

lol never thought about that with leather what do you think I should use instead? and I have already been on many sites looking for parts and what not I like to plan ahead

Old 12-29-2011, 08:34 AM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

I say stick with cloth, personally. I agree with Rotti, swass from leather just isn't worth it.

The only way I'd even consider going that route is if you installed seat heaters and coolers. That way your butt won't freeze off in winter, and won't sweat off in summer. That adds so much cost though, it's not even worth it.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Never have had that issue with leather in the last 5 vehicles I have owned with leather... Most have had perforated leather on the inside cushion faces. Seat heaters are nice to have in the winter! $20-$140 per seat depending on where you get your stuff from and how elaborate you want to get.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:46 AM

Congratulations then. I've had it every time I have sat in a leather equipped car. 3rd degree burns if any part of your skin touches the seat in summer unless you run the AC for 10 minutes before hopping in, and frostbite if the same happens in winter.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Different strokes for different folks. My '01 Bonneville SSEi had a black interior and it never once burned me getting into it on a hot sunny day with shorts on... Didn't have remote start either. I'd always jump in and go regardless of temperature... Would the seats get hot in direct sunlight on a hot day? Sure. Uncomfortable sometimes? Sure initially, but after not even a full minute, discomfort gone... Cause physical injury? Not a once. Just relating my experience with leather equipped automobiles of various types over the last 10 years and over 150k miles...

3rd degree burns and/or frostbite is a bit of an exaggeration don't ya think...

Old 12-29-2011, 09:01 AM

It's absolutely a huge exaggeration. However being really friggin hot and cold isn't. It just serves my point of how uncomfortable I've found the seats, and is a very common exaggeration in these conversations.