Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Powder Coating Prices?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 07:51 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about
Default Powder Coating Prices?

I found a Place near me that does powder coating so I shot them an email about my rims (the tear drops ), and they quoted me at about $60 per rim, and I sent one back about matching the tear drops to body color....

Is this good? He also said that they coat rims up to 24.5 semi tires...

Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I was quoted at $75 a rim for my 15" PA3's in black.

I could probably get them to throw in the spare for free or get a discount because it is my friend's parents that own the place.

Sounds like you have a pretty decent price there. I'm sure it would cost me even more if I was getting any color other than black too.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:02 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

You don't just mix up powders like automotive paint. Either find a colour already available or be prepared to shell out some extra $$ to have a custom powder produced. I assume that price also includes sandblasting.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:09 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Oh well I guess I should mention that my price included sandblasting and clear coating too.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

This includes stripping, blasting and powder coating with a single color.

Each additional color is 35 per wheel

Last edited by wlorton; 01-27-2010 at 10:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Hell yeah thats a good price. A company next door to my work does powder coating. It's not just a simple process - sandblasting, acid baths etc before hand then the powder coating, hanging & the baking. Thats a decent price for sure.

Old 02-02-2010, 10:44 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by RangerG
I'm sure it would cost me even more if I was getting any color other than black too.
especially if you start getting into the high impact colours, silvers, & aluminum.

Originally Posted by Blazin_Jason
You don't just mix up powders like automotive paint. Either find a colour already available or be prepared to shell out some extra $$ to have a custom powder produced. I assume that price also includes sandblasting.
and major coin indeed. we're getting some PC done for my brother's redo on his Dime. we shopped around between 4 different shops.

when he asked about matching the PC to one of the main colours in his scene mural, one guy said just supply him with the paint code & he can match it (kinda hard when it's a colour covered in a pearl). when he was told this, he said the price was just over $400 for the colour only (110 lb container-and we DON'T get to keep any extra left over!), plus the $175 for the labour. kinda crazy when we've completely blasted everything already.

Originally Posted by wlorton
This includes stripping, blasting and powder coating with a single color.

Each additional color is 35 per wheel
is that for any other colour besides black, or is that for adding a second colour to the mix as well? i've seen some shops quote for black only, only to add a "colour powder surcharge" for anything other than black.

Old 02-02-2010, 11:55 PM
Blazin_Jason will become famous soon enough

Our rate to blast and coat a set of 4 is about $365 for any in stock powder. We near white blast, chemically pre-treat and 2 coats of powder. Doing 2 coats makes them glass out and look all sexy like. Pricing is regional and varies greatly over the world. Cost of labour, supplies, cost of living, competition all play major roles.