Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Question on Door Hinge Pins

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Beginning Member
Pinrod33 is on a distinguished road
Default Question on Door Hinge Pins

Hey guys, I hope I'm doing this correctly, and I apologize in advance if this has already been touched upon, but I searched and could not find anything. So here goes......

I had an unfortunate situation happen to the driver's side door hinge on my 2003 2 door S-10 blazer, where I had to force the door closed and the longest pin, which is closest to the actual body of the car was bent back. The door is still "on", but when I open it, the door drops an inch or so, and it no longer is in line with the door opening. I'm sure it's going to get worse and I want to take care of it right away.

I am nowhere near a mechanic nor actually very knowledgeable in car part jargon, but I'm a google adict and I like to try and do stuff on my own before having to give in and pay someone to do it for me.

So the issue is that someone that does some work on his car told me that it appears to be an issue where the welded portion of the hinge will need to be changed. I really hope that's not the case, and since it's a pin, I hope maybe you guys can shine a light on what I am looking at and what will need to be done for the repair. I took a picture of my passenger side door so you could see the exact pin. The pin that I am talking about is the largest one that goes through the welded portion of the hinge. The actual piece that is bent is just the bottom portion that has the groove where that arm revolves around it, as you open and close the door. Please help!!!!

Question on Door Hinge Pins-my-door-hinge-edited.jpg

Last edited by Pinrod33; 02-13-2010 at 02:16 PM.