Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

raining inside?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 11:50 AM
Beginning Member
00blaze00 is on a distinguished road
Angry raining inside?????

hey im new here and not sure if this the right area for this post but iv had a blazer for a while now. i have a 2000 2 door 4x4 ls blazer and my driver side door has white streaks on the inside driver side it seems to be right on the flat part of the door where the door panel and the fuse panel would meet, it runs down to the speaker. my question is does anybody else have this problem. im wondering if the truck was hit before i bought it cause the door dosent seem to line up with the rest of the truck, it seems like the whole door sticks out about an eighth to a quarter inch from the fender and the b pillar. Iv had a 94 2 door and didnt have this problem. if anybody has any idea or has a simalar problem please let me know im not sure if i should get new weather stripping or what.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:13 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Either you need to replace your weatherstripping in the door or your door isn't shutting fully and is leaving a large enough crack for it to leak into the inside of the vehicle.

Old 03-04-2010, 06:46 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I had this problem on the passangers door in my blazer. My weather stripping was messed up

Old 03-04-2010, 07:18 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Hmm, my door and fender are flush, I'd say try adjusting the hinges? it's a 2 person job, 1 to hold the door while you loosen the hinge bolts (on the door) and jimmy the door closer to the truck 1/8th inch. I'd look at your weather stripping too just in case. Water getting into your truck is NOT a good thing, especially if the insulation under the carpet gets wet. It took a full week to dry my insulation out. I had to lift the mat, cut the insulation out and hang it up.
If water's been getting in, I'd suggest you feel around and see if your carpets wet. Also, pull the kick plate off and lift the carpet and check to see if the insulation in the foot well is wet, this can rot your floor boards.

Old 03-04-2010, 07:56 PM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

I had a similar problem on the passenger's side of my Blazer when I first got it. It seemed that the top half of the door (the window frame area) had some how got bent outward by about 1/8" - 1/4". With the help of my brother and some gentle persuasion (some gentle bending), the water leak and wind whistle became a thing of the past!

Old 03-04-2010, 08:46 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Seals... always check them first... anywhere there is a seal is a place looking to fail and get you wet.... I had a problem with the third brake light.... but meh.... Just take some time to diagnose where it is coming in and then check the weatherstrip and the door spacing like said previously... goodluck with the repair

Old 03-04-2010, 11:49 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

have you looked @ your pins & bushings?

i have the same issue with my '98 LS, and i need to machine a sleeve for the bushings.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:13 AM
Beginning Member

so i looked at the weatherstriping already and also had a friend who just graduated from doing automotive school look at it and neither of us could see anything wrong with the stripping, and yes my carpet is already wet thats why i started looking to see if it was a common problem or not.hey oktain when it happend to your pass. side did it affect your window motor??{assuming their power} cause my window wouldnt go down and i thought the fuse blew but i waited about a half hour and it worked fine.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Beginning Member

also thanks everybody for the help

Old 03-05-2010, 10:08 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

If it is just water I doubt it will hurt the button but you would have to wait for it to dry out before it would work again.

Quick Reply: raining inside?????