Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Rear quarter panel plastic extensions replacement.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 08:28 PM
Starting Member
Dominique Griego is on a distinguished road
Default Rear quarter panel plastic extensions replacement.

So I have a 98 Chevy Blazer, well its not mine, it belongs to my family's business. One of our employees backed out of he shop and hit a cement guard by the garage door. Needless to say, the side bumper? I don't know what its officially called but the plastic bottom on the passanger side is crunched, we found one at a chop shop and I am in the middle of replacing it, thinking there was a few screws, three bolts under the top side, two screws in the wheel well and one bolt from under upwards.

Problem is, how do I remove the part? The end of the bolts aren't accessable from under the vehicle in any way, just the bolts came out from the bottom. Do I have to pull off the rear panel? I am concerned because from the looks of it, its all welded down. Am I missing something?

Old 05-18-2013, 08:38 AM
Starting Member
RMBlazernut is on a distinguished road

I believe you have to pull the rear bumper off to get to the other bolts..is this what your talking about.

Im getting ready to replace mine once the truck is ready for paint

Rick

Attached Thumbnails Rear quarter panel plastic extensions replacement.-blazerpics001-2.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 09:53 AM
NipZ is on a distinguished road

Fair warning, if your trying to remove those quarter pieces (blue ones in image above) PB the living hell out of the nuts before you remove, i just repainted my jimmy, and broke more than half of the studs going into the metal body. Gonna b an interesting time putting it back together. Self Tappers maybe? lol. Good luck, wish i had just painted them on the truck....