Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Rear Window Trim? (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:06 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road
Default Rear Window Trim? (Pics)

My 01 has some paint issues on the back rear window trim area (see pic) and I was wondering if there is a simple "fix it yourself" way to repaint or retexture it?

I know when the truck was new the area in concern was a smooth, black, and glossy. Now it is a faded and rough. It kind of feels like line-x or something. I've noticed several Blazers around town have the same issue, must be the scorching sun extreme and unpredictable weather here in Oklahoma that makes it deteriorate fast. Any ideas on how to restore it? Thanks

Old 04-20-2009, 08:04 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sure there is. Just use the proper products to get good adhesion on the rubber/plastic surface. You will definitely need to prep things good first to get good results.

CLICK HERE for another thread on the subject with some recommendations.

Old 04-21-2009, 02:14 PM

Thanks!

When you say prep, you mean sand and prime the molding before I paint it?

Old 04-21-2009, 05:59 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

yea just sand it down and prime it so its nice and smooth then youll be good to go

Old 04-21-2009, 06:58 PM

sweet, thanks guys!

Old 12-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Beginning Member
Xavier is on a distinguished road

Posting so I can find this later. The truck I just bought has this same issue, the trim is like sandpaper.