Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Remove front bumper trim?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 04:37 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough
Default Remove front bumper trim?

just saw this pic:

I dont remember if I asked this but how would I do that?

Old 10-05-2009, 04:41 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

trim as in the license plate cover?

Old 10-05-2009, 04:43 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

As in the chrome/gray trim on the top:

Old 10-05-2009, 04:46 PM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

not sure about that... sorry =[

Old 10-05-2009, 05:11 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

You already asked this...and everyone told you what was involved. There was quite a long discussion as if I remember right.
If you do it, you will have holes to fill. Holes to fill mean painting the entire bumper....
It's do-able, but you're looking at a fair amount of work, and of course $$ for paint and filler.

FYI - here is your original post https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...ht=bumper+trim

Last edited by Sisk; 10-05-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 06:58 PM
BF Veteran

Right, but the wholes were the rear bumper, the front was a whole section if I remember correctly from looking at the truck: the trim on the front was not stuck on, but an actual bumper piece.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:14 PM
Deezy Steez is on a distinguished road

if you remove the black impact strip you'll have several holes in the chrome bumper.. ive looked at doing the same thing to my 98 ls. you cant take the whole bumper off like you suggested or else you'll have no bumper? my suggestion would be to maybe paint the entire thing to match the truck, painting the chrome and the impact strip, this would probably be the cleanest and cheapest way to get the painted look as in the picture. maybe try painting the emblem black too it might look nice on an all black truck

Old 10-06-2009, 06:34 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by CraigSnedeker
Right, but the wholes were the rear bumper, the front was a whole section if I remember correctly from looking at the truck: the trim on the front was not stuck on, but an actual bumper piece.
Front and back Craig...both will have holes. I think that was said in that other post. Either way, you're looking at some body work.
BTW - I'm pretty sure they made 2 tone S10's without the bumper trim back in 95-97. My guess is that this S10 was originally a 2 toned one, so it wouldn't have had trim right from stock.
If you're that keen on removing the trim then go for it. But you will be looking at an entire bumper paint job, and some body fill for the holes (front and back). Or, you could just buy an aftermarket bumper...or look into an old 2 tone bumper from an S10.

Old 10-06-2009, 06:59 AM
BF Veteran

Ohhhh ok. I thought the front was a bumper section and if I took it off there would be no place for the bottom to connect to. haha

Old 10-06-2009, 12:37 PM
Banned for childishly attempting to delete all his posts
jsmz is an unknown quantity at this point

yes, youve already asked, and ive already answered. new bumper & ends, period

post number 7

https://blazerforum.com/forum/paint-body-interior-39/removing-trim-34599/

you ask us all these questions that you could answer yourself by simply going outside and poking around a little bit.

Quick Reply: Remove front bumper trim?