Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Removing emblem bar??

Old 05-13-2009, 05:43 PM
Starting Member
blazer blaze13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removing emblem bar??

I am trying to remove the bar that has the chevy logo on it, inbetween the headlights and turn indicators, (the chrome one on an '03). I need to get it off to paint it but cant figure out what i need to do to get it off. HELP

Old 05-13-2009, 05:50 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

just remove the whole grill as a complete unit and tape off whatever you dont want painted. to remove the grill just pull on the top to get the clips free then youll see where the other retaining clips are and just pull again to get the grill free. just dont pull to hard or too fast because the turn signal bulbs are still in the turn signal houseing and theres not to much slack in the wires

Old 05-13-2009, 05:55 PM
Starting Member

where do i need to pull up on?? and do i need to remove the clips your talking about? how?

Old 05-13-2009, 06:07 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

take a flat head screw driver and put it between the grill and the core support(by the hood latch) and pull back on the screw driver and youll see the the clips, then just pull the grill towards you, the clips clip into the core support and once you pull the grill off they should stay connected to the grill.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:09 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

for the grill give it a little outward pressure and peek in from the top with the hood open. you should see a few metal clip guys (like the ones on you interior trim) peeking out at you. use a standard (flat head) screw driver to apply downward pressure to the clip inside the slot, and it will pop. once you get the first one, they all come out relatively easy.
If the top is hard to work with, pull on the side near on of the head lights, you should be able to see the same thing (but it will be vertical). good luck. you will find it, and once you get the first one, it will be fairly simple.
*NOTE* when you pop it off, dont yank it and take off running. The marker lights are on short(ish) wires. You'll have room to play, but heads up...

**EDIT** or just do what mikeinwi posted before me

Last edited by ABN31B; 05-13-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: too slow
Old 05-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Starting Member

APPRECIATE the help everyone! See this is why I love this forum!!!!

Old 05-13-2009, 08:16 PM

no prob man.