Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Removing interior panels

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 07:56 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

well i got the insulation job finished that I started this whole thread about. I used carpet padding and some aerosol elmers glue and it went really easy. It also helped out alot with the rattling and noises. i would highly recommend it to people with the same problem and wanting a fix thats alot less expensive than dynamat or other sound deadeners.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:22 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

How is the sound outside the vehicle? I hate my "trunk" rattle.

Last edited by zedartwo; 03-22-2010 at 08:23 PM. Reason: "the" is spelled with a "t"
Old 03-22-2010, 10:39 PM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

I actually havent listened from the outside too much but my sub is not turned up really loud but when I have had it up and got out to do something I can hardly hear it.

Old 01-28-2012, 10:50 PM
Beginning Member
vracer99 is on a distinguished road
Default interior rattle & removing panel to get at it

I have the same problem with my 04 Extreme. It has developed a bad rattle somewhere in the piller or overhead section just behind my ear on the drivers side. It's been awhile since your post, but I wanted to check if you had any luck removing the huge interior plastic panel. And then did you find what was causing the rattle. My Extreme has a sunroof and I suspect that may be some of the problem.

Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 PM
CAB
Starting Member
CAB is on a distinguished road

I believe I found the main issue with these squeaks and rattles. I took mine apart today, and it isn't very hard, and I noticed that each clip, the ones that you must hit to engage it on reassembly, end up rubbing against the body. In my case the blazer is blue and at each clip, top and bottom of each rectangular hole they go into, the paint was rubbed off. I went to the hardware store and bought some 3/4" thick 1/2" wide window insulation foam. The kind that has glue on one side. I cut two pieces about a 1/2 to 3/4" long and placed it over each rub spot. I also put some foam around the speaker and I used duck tape on the back side of the ash tray seam since I think some of the noise was coming from that. It just doesn't fit real tight. On my test drive, after doing the drivers side, I now noticed the rattles on the passenger side since the drivers side is quite. I didn't even know the passenger side rattled. It got rid of 90% of the rattles. I did the same thing to the passenger side and got the same results. I feel like I am driving a different vehicle. My new complaint is a few door and dash rattles......I know what I am going to do! Oh yeah I won't for sure know if this is a real fix until it has cycled the temperature extremes.

Old 04-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road

i cant remove the front seat belt bolts any ideas?

Old 04-18-2012, 09:35 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Chevyrider RevT
i cant remove the front seat belt bolts any ideas?
why not? seat bolts are a t-50 bit i believe. they might take some torque to get off if they've been on long enough. my 04 took a good tug to start

Old 04-19-2012, 06:27 AM
Starting Member
Chevyrider RevT is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
why not? seat bolts are a t-50 bit i believe. they might take some torque to get off if they've been on long enough. my 04 took a good tug to start
guess ill have to find a power tool or an air tool me and about 8 of my friends tried getting them off no luck and i may need a third star bit idk yet ....

it is a t50 but mine is an 98 lol sooo they have been there for a while

Old 04-19-2012, 10:36 AM
Starting Member
InsanePyro is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Chevyrider RevT
guess ill have to find a power tool or an air tool me and about 8 of my friends tried getting them off no luck and i may need a third star bit idk yet ....

it is a t50 but mine is an 98 lol sooo they have been there for a while
I got mine off my '92 by just tugging on them with a normal ratchet

Old 04-19-2012, 11:14 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

put a breaker bar on the end of the ratchet and pull hard. ever try to take wheel locks off a car without the actual tool? smash a socket on there and grab the meatiest ratchet with breaker on it and heave hoe. so man up and get it done!!!!!!

jp with you man

Quick Reply: Removing interior panels