Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Removing Stickers

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Starting Member
truesmack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Removing Stickers

Just curious if anyone out there knows how dealers remove those old stickers advertising there dealership, mine has some stickers and really I see no reason to be a free advertisement to them, but really don't care to scratch up my truck, thanks for any info.

Old 03-18-2010, 05:49 PM
Starting Member
Rogue is on a distinguished road

Since their a sticker, fishing line is pretty much out of the question. < a good tool for de-badging.

A hair dryer, finger nail and patience should do the trick. Followed up with alcohol or even windex to remove the stick-um residue.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

yep... i just bought a old fleet truck where both sides hood and tailgate are covered in stickers. i just spent 2 hours and im only 1/3rd done you CAN use a metal razor blade if your realllllly good. i used to detail cars and used one all day today and only scratched the paint a few times due to the razor grabing and flipping on me, truck is a junker so not to worried about it

Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Depends how long it's been on there. I had the words "Mayfield" on the back of mine. I decided the same thing you did one day and just peeled them off with my fingernail. It may have been on there for a few years.

It was pretty warm out when I peeled mine off, so try using a heat gun or hair dyer and some patience.

Old 03-19-2010, 12:21 AM
Starting Member
sifd4x4 is on a distinguished road

x2 on the heat gun. if you can get them warm enough you can usually just peel them off by hand.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:30 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Hair Dryer will do the truck

But as I experience in removing trim sticker ahheisive, it can burn your fingers if you heat it up to much. I had a can of Sticker Adheisive Remover by 3M (NOT FOR PLASTIC!) and it softens up the plastic.

Old 03-19-2010, 02:44 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Believe it or not, WD-40 helps to free up the glue as well... I used that **** with a rag to take off industrial double sided tape from a set of HID balasts I removed recently. (long story.)

Old 03-19-2010, 02:56 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Never knew that

Old 03-19-2010, 03:50 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

WD-40 is a good alternative to something like goo gone. It's easier to find too. Probably not much cheaper though.
x100 on the previous suggestions. I took off my dealer info and badges with a heat gun, and lots of goo gone.

And Pat...your comment reminds me of that franks red hot commercial "I put that **** on everything!" lol.

Old 03-19-2010, 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by oktain
Believe it or not, WD-40 helps to free up the glue as well... I used that **** with a rag to take off industrial double sided tape from a set of HID balasts I removed recently. (long story.)
what i used on my other truck was lighter fluid. its pretty much what was on the shelf. i just smired it in the glue, waited a few seconds and it just turned into gooey snot that you could just wipe right off. i think pretty much anything works

Quick Reply: Removing Stickers